“As good as ever!”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Lostwithiel
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trewithen Restaurant is one of the most renowned restaurants in Cornwall. Its reputation is founded on two key ingredients - great food and first class friendly service. Trewithen is open throughout the year, serving a varied seasonal menu to both a loyal customer base and visitors to the area. Located in Lostwithiel, Trewithen is easily accessible for all parts of Cornwall. The restaurant also has a private dining room that can be hired for functions or meetings and a walled garden for sheltered al fresco dining in the summer months.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was a number of years since I last visited this restaurant and visiting again recently I was not disappointed. The quality of the service food and atmosphere remains as it was fantastic. Although the business has expanded since I was there previously, and there is now more seating accommodation upstairs, the ambience is still very friendly and relaxed. I can thoroughly recommend Trewithen to anybody wanting either a family dinner or romantic evening out.

5  Thank Ian M

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Called in for luch today and took advantage of their lunch time menu. The food was superb (some of the best we've had for a long time), it was great value for money and we will be going back so we can sample one of the delicious sounding deserts.

4  Thank 103i
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were recommended to try Trewithen Restaurant by the owners of our holiday cottage and it was indeed an excellent choice! We were with our 9-yr old daughter, whose birthday it was and the front of house staff were brilliant in the way they greeted her and made a little bit of fuss that it was her birthday. They had also prepared the table with some 'Happy Birthday' glitter and decorated her desrt plate with a birthday greeting too! As for the food, it was all beautifully prepared. My daughter and I both had the lovely tender lamb and my wife had the sea bass. Starters and deserts were also delicious and I would wholeheartedly recommend the Muscovado and Hazlenut Tart!

All in all a lovely evening. Nice, intimate surroundings; friendly and attentive staff and beautiful food? Perfect!

5  Thank Phil153
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went on a Saturday night and the food was superb as was the service. The staff were really friendly and chatty to the right degree. They seemed to like working there which always makes a nice atmosphere.
I had Lamb and my partner had duck, we were very happy with our beautifully cooked pink choices. Both meals were served with veggies and dauphinoise potatoes - very nice. We shared a sweet and it was a delicious Muscavado and hazelnut tart with yoghurt sorbet. Very very yummy. Lostwithiel is a very pretty riverside town and well worth visiting when the shops are open as it is great for a good mooch round. Lots of locals had recommended Trewithen and we were not disappointed. It is a very pretty building tastefully decorated, if a little old fashioned. There was a sofa in the restaurant which could not be sat on being blocked by a table so that looked a bit odd.
I had a glass of champagne which was a bit disappointing and lacked flavour but our bottle of Parrotfish red was great.
We will definitely go back and recommend this restaurant highly to others.

3  Thank Dodders007
Reviewed May 23, 2013

In my top 10 of restaurants. Food and service faultless. Although the side salad was disappointing. It was clearly prepacked and undressed. This spoiled what was otherwise a beautiful meal.

4  Thank michelle8671