“Another fantastic meal”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Lostwithiel
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Trewithen Restaurant is one of the most renowned restaurants in Cornwall. Its reputation is founded on two key ingredients - great food and first class friendly service. Trewithen is open throughout the year, serving a varied seasonal menu to both a loyal customer base and visitors to the area. Located in Lostwithiel, Trewithen is easily accessible for all parts of Cornwall. The restaurant also has a private dining room that can be hired for functions or meetings and a walled garden for sheltered al fresco dining in the summer months.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The consistency of food and service in Trewithen is fantastic. I have never had a poor experience. Well done to Claire and Paul for a great restaurant.

4  Thank dmfl65

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Most of the reviews of the fabulous Trewithen are of the lunch and dinner menus. I had the best full English breakfast that I can remember. At £7.95 including a coffee or tea, it was also a bargain. We were provided with a large 4-5 cup cafetiere between two. I would suggest it as a great option for "fuelling up" before spending a day at the Eden Project. Everything was perfect. The sausage and bacon were wonderfully tasty. The black pudding just melted in the mouth. Even the buttered toast was exactly as I like it. My friend ordered the breakfast bacon muffin and said that it was excellent but was envious of the full English breakfast that I was enjoying for the same price.

The front dining room is charming and restful with pale painted wood panelling. Service was friendly and helpful without being too formal or overly solicitous. If their breakfasts are this good, I cannot wait to return for dinner.

5  Thank Cornishlad70
Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you like superb food, great atmosphere and the best customer service, you'll love Trewithen. I'm really looking forward to the new menu for 2013.

7  Thank treenyweenywoo
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I did a bit of hunting about to find this place on the web before booking as I was in the company of my sister who is gluten intolerant and my mother who is adventurous food intolerant. So the web search found me this place as at least understanding coeliac disease and a quick phone call that made me sound like I was on a special needs outing, confirmed that they were happy to “jig” the menu a bit to cope with obliterating and unwanted “interesting” flavours that might upset my mother.
Anyway, when we finally found the place (drove past it three times until I spotted the sign – not very easy when you don’t know the town) and got in what followed was a remarkably excellent meal. It’s almost 4 months ago I went so can’t exactly remember what I ate, but do remember lots of , “oh lord! That’s delicious!” comments being made throughout. My sister remarked it was possibly the nicest meal out she had had in years, made so much better because of the complete awareness the staff had to allergies and intolerances, and the fact that they had managed to produce a menu that was still full of choice for coeliacs, vegetarians and just the down right fussy!
The atmosphere was quiet and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful, and all in all it was an excellent evening’s dining. NB – I can eat absolutely anything, but the menu also for me didn’t feel “aimed” at any special eating requirement – it was just good food.

5  Thank GreedyGreen
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is my favourite place when we visit Fowey...such lovely food and, more importantly, great service. It is such a beautiful restaurant with a great atmosphere...you feel like you are eating in a gorgeous family home. Whenever we visit we are greeted warmly and always thoroughly enjoy our meal. I would definitely recommend this lovely place.

5  Thank Rachel N