“My first time”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Lostwithiel
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trewithen Restaurant is one of the most renowned restaurants in Cornwall. Its reputation is founded on two key ingredients - great food and first class friendly service. Trewithen is open throughout the year, serving a varied seasonal menu to both a loyal customer base and visitors to the area. Located in Lostwithiel, Trewithen is easily accessible for all parts of Cornwall. The restaurant also has a private dining room that can be hired for functions or meetings and a walled garden for sheltered al fresco dining in the summer months.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I live here for over 2 years and just disscovered Trewithen,I was Very impressed by the standard of the food and the service,we where made very welcome,it was busy and a really good feel.The food is all home made and to a very high standard,local produce used and the dessert out of this world,we'll be back

5  Thank elizabeth r
There are newer reviews for Trewithen Restaurant

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Checked out the reviews and booked on spec while on holiday. Outstanding find, it really doesn't get much better. Food brilliant, atmosphere Warm and homely, staff couldn't be more attentive. One of us has a gluten intollerance and everything was done to ensure the food was gluten free as required. If you go you won't be disappointed. I would go on holiday to Cornwall just to go here again.

5  Thank Dave_Monty
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We always enjoy eating at Trewithien and recommend it to all family and friends who come to visit. The food is always exceptional and it is a real treat to go there. We make up things to celebrate just so we can book a table. The service is excellent and very friendly bit still high class.

4  Thank turpy81
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have only managed to get down to this stunning little restaurant a couple of times as i live "up country" but I have to say its worth a trip there from anywhere in cornwal. Claire and Paul do an amazing job along with the rest of the small team of staff. The service is attentive but not overly fussy, You know how some places you have barely got two mouthfulls down you before the waiting staff are hounding you to make sure everythings ok? Claire seems to have the nack of knowing exactly the right ballance of service without you feeling like your being watched over. The food really speaks for itself and the flavours are incredible. Its probably down to the fresh local ingredients but the attention to detail in the preperation and presentation is impecable. The night I went with my other half the place was packed but still felt relaxed and unhurried. Highly recommended to anyone wether its just a small romantic meal or a celebration of any kind.

4  Thank NeilMoore
Reviewed November 8, 2012

stopped in for dinner just by chance and was really impressed.the staff where friendley and welcoming.the menu had a great choice and extra fresh fish specials, I had the cod with tam yum sauce and my girl friend had ths brill,just fab,hopeflly before we go home we'll have chance to dine again.

2  Thank james p