Stayed at The Royal Oak overnight whilst attending a wedding nearby. Had my whole family with me, taking up four rooms. From start to finish, the staff were warm and friendly and couldn't help enough whilst not being over attending. The pub itself is full of history, with plenty of character. The rooms were spotless, all with en-suites, tea/coffee, etc. and certainly adequate in size for overnight stays with extremely comfortable beds. But breakfast is something else, freshly cooked and lovely with plenty of options. All in all, an excellent stay and of great value. A definite recommend. Proper job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Oak Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Inn Lostwithiel, Cornwall