We stayed there for 2 nights in August and had a pleasant time. Food and staff were lovely! My only disappointment was the size of the rooms as I specifically asked for a large room! But it was very very small for the family (2 adults, a 3 yrs old and a baby). I can only imagine that there was a mistake in the room allocation. To fit, we had to move the double bed around to one side of the room. Also the light in the bedroom did not work so had to make do with a table lamp! The bathroom is also on the small side. There was not much leg room between toilet and bath.
We also never had any issue with parking. There was always a few spaces when we came back.
I would like to stay there again but I will need a guarantee that I will be given a bigger room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Oak Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Inn Lostwithiel, Cornwall