Stayed over for Monday night in early March which was really pleasant. The atmosphere was friendly and the balance between pub and restaurant and inn was perfect. Thought has been put in but into the decor but it's not overdone and still has a casual feel. Beds were really comfy and we were really happy with it. The was a good selection of hot breakfast choices as well as cereals etc laid out. All the staff were really friendly and natural.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Oak Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Inn Lostwithiel, Cornwall