Our stay was off to a good start when the bar staff we're actually expecting us! We took a larger room (No. 3), which included a two seater lounge. For 3 nights, the extra space was good. Bathroom clean and modern. Our friend had a smaller double room (No. 1), which was also comfortable and clean.
Breakfast included cereals, fruit juice and fruit, hot food cooked to order and plunger coffee or tea. Breakfast was worth getting-up for!
We had evening meals at the Royal Oak. These were reasonable value for money with enjoyable food - we had very good fish but our meat eater friend was not as keen on her food. The evening meal was let-down by inattentive service even though there were adequate staff and not crowds of people. The bar staff seemed more interested in chatting amongst themselves and texting friends rather than looking after paying guests.
Lostwithiel is a good location and an excellent base for the exploring the area. The Royal Oak is a good location within Lostwithiel, with off street carparking and an easy walk to the rest of the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Book Direct Rooms and HRS so you can book your Royal Oak Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Inn Lostwithiel, Cornwall