“Found a nugget in lostwithiel”

Lostwithiel Hotel Golf & Country Club
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lostwithiel
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped here on way to our Cornish cottage holiday, because a certain large chain charge too too much for a basic room. This place was excellent value, with real courteous and helpful staff, not computers. Just what I needed good food and beer, very comfortable bed and a swim to wake up in the morning. Pity I had no golf clubs with me. Will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Oh what a shame, the staff to the best of there abilities struggled to provide the service required.
Breakfast was a nightmare at times, although it was mainly self service, each morning you were completely invisible when arriving in dining room when waiting for tea and toast.
There was always something missing plates, glasses, milk, STAFF. The management really need to look at this it is such a shame as our room was lovely and speaking to other guests there's seemed to be too.
You really should not have to ask all the time for things which should be automatically provided, and then feel you are being a nuisance.
I would be very happy to see a reply from management as to why such poor service is being given, your star rating should be reduced.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Situated in the old dairy, it was more like a small terraced house with its own front door. The room had a small dressing area, reasonably spacious bedroom and very nice sized bathroom with both a shower enclosure and a bath. It all felt very modern and attractively decorated with nice thick towels and cushions etc. The downside was my inability to access the wifi: I had the password and appeared to be connected but couldn't do anything. That was annoying. We were also unable to access the pool despite using the correct keypad number. We stayed on a Wed night and discovered the pool is used for swimming lessons on a Wed afternoon/evening. We ate in the bar and although I would rate my salad as 'fine', my partner absolutely loved his stirfry! The dessert was reasonably priced at £1.99 if taken with a main meal, so we didn't complain when it actually tasted a bit off. That was probably due to the exceptionally hot weather we'd been having. Breakfast in the dining room was very acceptable. It was mainly help yourself, but the few members of staff that were visible were as helpful as you could expect so no complaints there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sally B
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here beofre attending a wedding in Newquay. I found it a thoroughly excellent experience. In particular, I found the staff wxtremely courteous and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and I was made to feel welcome and valued as a customer. This applied to reception, manager , bar staff and waitresses alike.
The room was very clean and well appointed. A further bonus was having a long swim after a tiring drive in the heated indoor pool. Most relaxing and refreshing! I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to my friends and colleagues and hoper to return there in the near future.
Geoff Spurgeopn

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Geoff S
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel room I stayed in was the deluxe/superior triple room in the old dairy it was clean, tidy, comfortable well furnished with a lovely en-suit and comfy beds.
I slept very well during my stay with no intrusion of noise from neighbouring rooms.
The food was excellent homely style food and the Saturday night carvery which was laid on for us was very much appreciated after a long day of off roading.
Trudy, Sarah and there team looked after us very well and we intend on returning :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked up 3 rooms at Lostwithiel hotel golf and country club. The reason for our stay for our stay was we would be doing a spot of green laning in the local area. We needed a place to stay with comfortable facility's. I personally made the booking by telephone speaking with Sarah. Upon our arrival we were made very welcome by Trudy and her staff. We opted to dine in for both nights which was very good food and hit the spot. The rooms were very comfortable, the staff were very helpful,food was great, Sarah from reception even sorted out taxis to town for us all.

I'm sure the hotel don't get many tricked up land rovers and trailer lined up in there car park very often and we were all a little apprehensive how our arrival would be looked upon by the locals. We needn't have worried as Trudy and Sarah made us feel at ease.

Upon reading previous negative comments about this hotel. I would urge people to ask them selves what they are looking for when staying away. If u are comparing it to a multimillion pound corporation like premier inn,travel lodge ect you might be a little disappointed by lack of staff ect. But if you want a comfortable place to stay with the personal touch this is perfect. Ok so the bar staff is also reception staff as well as golf pro shop staff as well as waiting staff ect..In my eyes this is a plus point. They are passionate about there job in these economic times loyal staff are worth there wait in gold. As I said before if you want an impersonal place to stay book into a premier inn at a service area on the A30 .

I for one will be returning with my family and friends to lostwithiel hotel golf and country club for years to come.

Room Tip: The old dairy rooms are something very special
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Landynutter
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here with husband and our dog. Good location, went on some lovely walks. Furnishings in bar at bit worn but lovely views and evening meals were really good. The food, staff and prices were all excellent. Beds comfy, room clean and breakfast very good, juice, cereal, cooked buffet, help yourself, lots to choose from, one vegetarian and they had a good choice as well. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Stayed in Linney barn conversion with our dog. Lots of places to walk and very nice surroundings. At...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lostwithiel
Best Western Fowey Valley
#2 of 13 in Lostwithiel
Kings Arms
Kings Arms
#5 of 13 in Lostwithiel

Been to Lostwithiel Hotel Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!