“A place to go”

Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Lostwithiel
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Lostwithiel is where I live, so some would think that this a biased opinion on the venue.

It is owned by The Price of Wales and though I am not a Royalist, what he has done here has provided, in a ideal setting, a really good place to eat.

It offers very good quality and value, snacks, coffee and cakesmeals. The staff are rally nice.

I do visit this venue every time we have visitors. I also visit when we have no visitors.

A place to go!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm still not sure why a garden centre is listed as a restaurant on TripAdvisor, just because it has a cafe. Obviously there are a selection of plants at the garden centre. The cafe itself is perfectly adequate. The prices themselves are on the 'rip off the tourists' end of the scale and a bit steep for a normal coffee and slice of cake.

1  Thank Elvenesse
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Seems that when ever in the area we start the day here for coffee and snacks,not the cheap way as a slice of cake was just under £4 while a small black coffee came in at around £2.40. That aside off season on a cold day the huge log fire is welcoming,staff friendly and you can sit sipping while viewing Restormal castle across the valley.
If Near Bodmin or Lostwithiel may I suggest you make the effort to go see,has a splendid shop,good well priced plants as well as a pretty decent wine and food menu.

1  Thank RoyL65
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My mother and I had lunch here a week ago, having spent the morning wandering around Losthwithiel, a really pretty, clean, unspoilt village. The Garden Centre restaurant has been well designed and has a great atmosphere and amazing views. The menu is good, something for everyone, as a previous reviewer has said. The reason I am only rating it Average, is that we had a crab sandwich (they had no prawns so offered crab instead). Now, I know that crab is ridiculously over-priced, but the sandwich was a doorstep, had a scraping of butter and no more than a level tablespoon of white crab meat in it. For this they charged £9.95. Words fail me. The Croque Monsieur is extremely good, and was £2-£3 cheaper. My advice to the restaurant manager: make the sandwich itself smaller (i.e. cut the bread properly) or give a decent portion of crab.

1  Thank Susie040
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We love this place! We live so far away that we only manage to have lunch here about once or twice a year, on our holidays to Cornwall, and it was wonderful to return last week, and to see that it is as fabulous as always.
Delicious menu, beautiful decor, good prices and kind, helpful staff. Particularly enjoyed the warmed salad with blue cheese and walnuts (please never remove this from the menu as I enjoyed it last year too!) and the absolutely delicious Cornish cream tea. Superb quality. We did lose our daughter's grey and pink striped hat and the staff tried so hard to find it - if you do find it, it would be super if I could be contacted.