“If your nerves survive the drive......”

Duchy of Cornwall Nursery & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Lostwithiel
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

It's certainly tucked away down a pretty tight lane, but wow this is great. Nursery itself seems quite good if you're into plants/ gardening (I'm not!) but the view is great and food really top notch. Well priced for the quality with great ambience. Recommended.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We thought this would be expensive but it wasn't - in fact the bargain basement patio in particular was excellent value. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The range of fuishias was very wide. I'm not the gardener but even I enjoyed what we found there. The cafe is also well worth a visit - the clotted cream tea costs the same as many other tea rooms and there's quite a variety of other food as well including homee-made cakes.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We visit this place regularly now it's facilities have been upgraded. It's a lovely garden centre just outside Lostwithiel up a narrow and often single track road. It has become a very popular place to visit as a result of a new restaurant/cafe housed in the most wonderful looking timber clad building. The cafe does excellent coffee, tea and cakes as well as imaginative lunches. It has outside tables and on a sunny day, it's lovely to sit outside and eat/drink with wonderful views across the countryside. Last time we visited we parked a little way down the road and walked to Lanhydrock and back. It's just lovely here. Beware it can get very busy here at lunch times, so do arrive promptly!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Lovely spot for morning coffee with glorious view across the valley to Lostwithiel castle. Nice selection of food. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely plants for sale and great selection of gifts.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my first time eating here for lunch. It was busy but the service was spot on, the views across the valley are lovely. The food on the menu is top notch and reasonably priced. I was loving the fact all meals with bread could be made with a gluten free roll. So my ham and mustard roll was lovely, came with a very fresh side salad and crisps. The roll was yummy and the ham was very tasty the honey and mustard sauce super yummy. I was impressed. The waitress even asked if I wanted another roll as they are smaller than there normal ones, but I didn't want to be greedy and it was ample size for lunch. All in all super place, only thing i would like to see would be gluten free cakes or biscuits maybe. I will be back very soon with my mum who is also gluten free.

1  Thank Veedubgirl11