“A peaceful and historic visit - loved it!”
Review of Restormel Castle

Restormel Castle
More attraction details
Owner description: A great 13th century circular keep standing on an earlier Norman mound, atop a high spur beside the River Fowey. Twice visited by the Black Prince, it finally saw action during the Civil War. Commanding fantastic views, it makes an excellent picnic spot. Child friendly and dog friendly.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I were in the area for his work. I knew the castle was here and wanted to have a visit so he dropped me off while he went back into the town for his appointment. I was glad I spent my morning here. It is only £3.70 admission and the lady at the shop gave me a free little booklet that explained the grounds. Yes this castle is ruins but still amazing, unless you have a small mind with no imagination or willing to learn or even care about history then this isn't the place for you. It's great for couples, families or just like me, spending the morning alone waundering around and taking it all in. There are restroom facilites and the shop does sell ice cream, coffee, drinks, souvenirs. I was lucky to have the whole place to myself being I was ther about an hour after it opened on a weekday :)

1  Thank SilleBliss
There are newer reviews for Restormel Castle

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We recently spent a lovely peaceful afternoon immersing ourselves in the beauty and history of the area, the castle although a ruin,retains a great atmosphere of how it was originally, this is helped with the information boards placed in different areas, good facilities, well worth a visit, also dogs are allowed on leads which is a great plus when you are holidaying with your canine friends.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

A great deal of the castle still in tact get a guide from the pay booth its worth it and admission about 3.50 good value

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We opted to walk from Lostwithiel along a trail and partly on the road. Last part was up a hill to the entrance. Very helpful staff but no restrooms. Climbed up and around the castle ruins trying to visualize the visitors of centuries past. Views of the country side were worth the hike.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Its a lovely castle, yes its a ruin, yes you have to pay an entire 4.90 admission, yes its up a hill but for goodness sake people it does EXACTLY what it says on the tin. Its a delightful suprise, with very pretty grounds perfect for a warm day