“Excellent food”

Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Lostwithiel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A busy bistro set in the heart of the idyllic town of Lostwithiel, Cornwall. Calogero's was formally known as Terra Nova. We felt that the surname of the Sicilian head chef, who took over the business in 2011, was better suited to the type of food we now serve. Calogero's is pronounced with a soft 'g'. Our menu ranges from authentic home cooked Italian meals to traditional English dishes, using fresh and locally sourced ingredients. We have a large selection of vegetarian dishes and a separate minimal gluten menu (no gluten containing ingredients). Freshly ground Italian sourced coffee and treats are served throughout the day.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A lovely restaurant; nice ambience, fantastic value, lots of choice and the food was absolutely scrumptious. We had seafood risotto which had the most seafood I've ever seen in a dish, perfectly cooked with a lovely side of tomato focaccia, the red pepper and tomato pasta was delicious too and even the kids chicken goujons were great. Puddings, again a difficult decision as so many lovely sounding options, the bread and butter pudding was amazing and the chocolate brownie perfect too. You'll go a long way to find better food and I've eaten in my fair share of top notch restaurants!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked the restaurant while on holiday in Cornwall and looked on trip advisor to help me select a resturant in this area,what seemed to be a nice place although staff nice and helpfull the food was not nice I did not want to make a seen in the restaurant paid bill and left I will definatley not be returning .

Reviewed July 30, 2013

we managed to get a table even though we didnt book. the menu was a bit fancy for my husband but I had the red pesto wrapped chicken and he had the steak salsa verde salad . I think my husbands was not quite what he ordered and he found it a bit too oily. I enjoyed mine but it was a bit oily. Didnt have a sweet as we had had sufficient

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My Girlfriend and I booked and had the most amazing 3 course meal.
The staff were perfectly attentive and not overbearing.
Glad we booked as they were turning people away who had not booked.
You have to try this amazing restaurant!

2  Thank MartinJWS
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We treated ourselves to a cooked breakfast, couldn't fault it, good quality fresh ingredients, vegetarians well catered for. friendly staff and a warm atmosphere, seemed a popular place with locals and holiday people too