“Lovely”
Review of Molesworth Manor

Molesworth Manor
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just come back from 3 days spent in Cornwall staying at this lovely B&B. The house is beautiful and we stayed in the South Room which had a lovely en-suite with separate large bath and walk in shower. The room was very clean and made up each day. Lovely soft towels replaced when needed. Staff all very friendly and informative - especially the lovely lady who served breakfast (sorry we never did get your name) but a big thankyou to her. Breakfast was plentiful with fresh fruit, yoghurt cereal and then a cooked breakfast of your choice and tea and coffee. Would definately stay again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We made a last minute booking at Molesworth Manor and overall we were satisfied with our one night stay. Some of the rooms have special titles - ours was the "Seigneur de la Trinitie" - and it was very quirky and interesting. Clearly there has been a great deal of attention to decorative detail and the Manor itself is beautiful. The breakfast was also first class. I guess our only issue was to do with the lack of a genuine welcoming, friendly and sincere personal touch. Somehow we did not feel like valued guests? Hard to pin down but this was just how it felt to us - and I have lost count of how many good hotels etc we have stayed in over the years! A pIty because this place could be stupendous if a bit more effort was spent on the "softer side" of the business.

1  Thank Formbyite
molesworth1, Owner at Molesworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for all of the kind things you mentioned about Molesworth Manor in the review.I am sorry that we did not manage to meet all of your expectations on the "softer side " of the business but please let me assure you that we do focus on our customers.Our aim is to be "helpful but unobtrusive" as a previous reviewer described us.We only have a few housekeeping staff and try to manage the rest of the business ourselves while juggling two young children and a dog( not literally!) so at times we can be stretched and this may have ben one of them.Also only staying for one night you may not have had a fully representative view,please return for a longer stay and let us know if the experience merits a "stupendous " rating.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This has been my second stay at Molesworth and it was like the first time I visited the place. The house is beautiful and would simply take your breath away. The breakfast is lovely and made using produce that is locally sourced. The rooms are comfortable and well kept. I also enjoyed walking to Padstow along the creek every day I was there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harry M
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I reiterate what other guests have to say, just an excellent place to stay, a beautiful old home. The owners are helpful but unobtrusive. The place is well equipped with everything you could need and more. Excellent food. A place you can relax in.

Room Tip: Think they are all good, choose by how much you wish to pay.
1  Thank Disillusioned82
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a couple extraordinary Basil Fawlty moments at Molesworth Manor which if they weren't so thoughtless and rude, would have been quite funny. The final insult was when I was having trouble picking up the weak wi-fi. The proprietor told me no-one else had had that problem, with the clear implication that this was my problem not his. Undeterred, I asked if I should stand near the router. With a exasperated gesture he said I could use his laptop on the adjacent desk. It wasn't on. I asked him how to turn it on. He said to another couple standing nearby: 'that's the trouble with people who get a computer for Christmas and don't know how to use it'. He told me he'd come down to Cornwall to 'run a b&b not do IT' and something else about having been in the IT business for 30 years. Perhaps, as a previous reviewer has mentioned, he should brush up on his people skills. That said, Molesworth Manor is pleasant enough but on the main road through village so there was traffic noise with the windows open. Nothing makes up for owner's chippy attitude.

2  Thank MarlowMoss

I am sorry that your reviewer took my musings on the internet and wifi personally.I was in the middle of serving breakfast for 20 people and trying to check out guests at the same time so while willing to help, the internet connection was not the main priority.We provide a computer for guest use and I directed her to that in case there was a problem with her computer.No offence was intended and I am sorry that it was taken that way.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just come back from a 3 night stay at Molesworth Manor. The old manor house is a lovely old home that is very well kept inside and out with a lot of attention to detail, a credit to the owners & staff.
All the staff make you welcome and they can not do enough to make your stay with them a good one. The breakfasts and very good and tasty with good options for everybody. The bedrooms are very clean and comfortable, bed is comfy for a good nights sleep, bathroom spacious with fluffy towels.
Location is quiet and just a short taxi ride away from the harbour in Padstow with all its bars and restaurants if you did not want to do the lovely walks into Padstow.
The owners are very welcoming and Jessica is lovely & hard working and Geoff is just a lovely humorous special kind of character, they broke the mould when they made him.
Their are so many nice things to say about this place and the staff who work hard making this a special place to stay, but you should really go and experience it for yourself.
We would highly recommend Molesworth Manor as a place to stay for a quiet break. We did the wonderful walk through the countryside to Padstow and back again everyday and the views were wonderful, this took about an hour each way.
We look forward to returning for another wonderful stay in the near future.
Rob & Jackie Northern Ireland

Room Tip: Enjoy the tranquility of Molesworth Manor and the wonderful walks walks into Padstow.
1  Thank Robjackie
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night in July. Room was very comfortable, good selection of teas and extremely clean. I was particularly looking forward to breakfast and it didn't disappoint. Great selection and the Cornish hot breakfast tasted really good.

• Stayed: July 2013
#9 of 55 in Padstow
The Harlyn Inn
The Harlyn Inn
#26 of 55 in Padstow

Been to Molesworth Manor? Share your experiences!