“Simply fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Polmartin Riding Equestrian Site

Polmartin Riding Equestrian Site
More attraction details
Owner description: Polmartin Riding is a BHS Approved Riding School and Training Centre in Cornwall. We offer fantastic riding experiences for abilities - from complete beginners to expert riders. Riding lessons and trekking is available all year round and we have fabulous horses and ponies to suit all sizes so the whole family (min age 5 years) can enjoy a ride out together. All of the riding out is along our own scenic tracks and trails offering stunning views of the Cornish countryside and all completely traffic free.
“Simply fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Love this riding school, so many happy memories- the review says it all- a truly 5 star establishment, if lacking the cleanliness (horses are messy creatures!)

Visited June 2012

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic 50th surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

My daughter Gemma took me to Cornwall for an activity holiday for my 50th, one of the days we went to Polmartin Riding school, I haven't sat on a horse for 30 years !, the experience was great I really enjoyed my day, everyone at the school were lovely and because we had been given the wrong postcode to get there, we were treated to a photo shoot with our horse and it is framed and sitting in a prime location at home. Thank you again for the experience and if I didn't live 5 hours away I would have been returning.

Darlington, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful visit to Polmartin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

During a recent visit to Cornwall, my friend and I were lucky enough to find Polmartin and our riding experience there could not have been bettered. I recently lost my very much loved horse and riding at Polmartin was the first riding experience I've had since and I couldn't have asked for more as I was a little nervous. I needn't have worried, Jane took us through our paces prior to heading out to the trails and even though I'd owned my lovely Reg for 13 years I learned things from her that I'd never been taught before. I'd have no hesitation in recommending Polmartin to learners and more experienced riders alike - we were made more than welcome and Jane certainly knows here stuff and has a wealth of horsey tails to share. I was lucky enough to ride Rainbow who was a complete gentleman and gave me a lovely ride.
Will definitely go back the next time I'm in the area - thank you all at Polmartin.

Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“By far the best riding school I have come across!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This fantastic riding school was recommended whilst we were staying at the Forest Holidays Deerpark site nearby. From the moment we arrived and met Jane we realised this school was different to any we had visited before. The friendly welcome, spotlessly clean yard and well cared for horses immediately made us realise that we had come to a school run by horse lovers rather than some places which see the horses purely as money making machines.
My granddaughter had a hack followed by a lesson in the school on two consecutive days with one-to-one instruction from Jane.
Jane's vast knowledge and experience enabled my granddaughter to learn more and gain more confidence in these two visits than in months of visiting other schools.
If you want a truly memorable riding experience visit this school!

Liskeard, United Kingdom
“WARM, FRIENDLY AND FANTASTIC PEOPLE AND HORSES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We first started going to Polmartin a couple of years or so ago, and have never looked back. I used to ride when I was younger and wanted to start again and my husband had never been on a horse. We are so lucky that we can go to Polmartin every week as we live near but to be honest, even if we lived further away we would still make sure we get there. The owner loves her horses and everyone makes you feel so welcome and safe no matter what your riding ability is. Today we had a 2hour ride which was brilliant. We took our horses through the lake, cantered, trott and did a few jumps, all on their lovely land. You must visit and have a ride as you will really enjoy the open countryside and maybe see some birds of prey or even deer.