“A wonderful Morning”

Liskeard, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A wonderful Morning”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went with my family this morning to Porfell Wildlife Park and Sanctuary. Despite it being freezing cold, it was a thoroughly enjoyable morning. There is a wide variety of animals to see, some with huge characters! I have enormous admiration for the owners and staff, who obviously dedicate all their time and energy into looking after these animals so well, plus the fact that many of these animals have been rescued makes this effort even more worthwhile. There is a lovely relaxed atmosphere and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. This sanctuary is definitely worth visiting and because of all the hard work and dedication that is being put into it by the owners and staff, it most definitely needs supporting. I would thoroughly recommend it to young and old.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank emmarecommendations

York, United Kingdom
“Very Happy Animals”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We spent a lovely few hours here today, despite the bitter cold.The range of happy and warm animals (Meerkats basking under their heat lamps,were a delight to watch !!) We noticed how happy all these rescued/retired animals were.They were all kept in immaculate conditions, with company of other animals, and lots of toys for stimulus.
Our family outing ranged from ages 9 to 77. We all just loved our visit with the vast array of animals.We finished off with a lovely lunch in the tea room, and a great chat with the owners wife and their delightful volunteer who was full of passion for the good work that went on here. Highly recommend a day out here for you sheer enjoyment, and your knowledge of helping such a worthy cause.The hard work that must be carried out here, to look after these animals is commendable.

Visited February 2013
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A lovely afternoon out despite the rain.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been thinking about visiting this place for a while and have to admit I was a bit put of by some of the negative reviews, however my husband and I decided to give the place a try and we were not disappointed. Despite the awful weather we had a lovely afternoon out and as no one else had braved the weather we had the entire place to ourselves.

As someone who rescues animals I could really empathise with Porfell and its owners who work hard to rescue animals and give them a better quality of life. This is not a large commercial venture but is a family run project with limited funds and therefore they need all the support they can get.

This years bad weather and rising food costs have made it very difficult for places like Porfell to survive yet the owners are struggling through and just the day before our visit they had rescued two De Brazza's monkeys just 48 hours before the animals were due to be put down.

I recommend this place to both adults and children, it is a fabulous place with a great woodland walk, lots of animals to see and interact with. There is a cute tea room or you can take your own food and picnic outside. The park also offer school/group days out so there really is something for everyone.

Ok, so the park was quite muddy but if you dress appropriately and get your wellies on it is still great fun.

Please support this local sanctuary :)

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sam_Remmer
Ilfracombe
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A great range of animals - coatis,meerkats,horses,goats,pigs,deer,parrots,monkeys,ducks,owls,
savannah cats the list goes on and on.
Most have been rescued and are being well taken care off.
Staff are friendly and informative.
Fields a little muddy after the rain we've had but still a great day out.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jac88Ilfracombe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible place”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Today we went to porfell wildlife park. After the reviews I though I would give it a go as it sounded good. It was far from it we didn't meet any animal other than a horse which we have at home. Wellies would be advisable as the place was covered in mud. Was not worth the £18 we paid to get in. I would never go again

1 Thank Xxjackiex