“Excellent Stay”

Premier Inn Liskeard Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Liskeard
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This the second time that I have visited this Premier Inn and it is still as good as the first time I stayed. I was greeted with an extremely warm welcome from the receptionist Poppy and her standard of professionalism was that of a very high standard. To be fair, on meeting all of the staff that I encountered, I was greeted with a smile and everyone had a very friendly nature and attitude about them. This also extended to the staff in the Tavern next door. I had both dinner and breakfast in the Tavern and the food was cooked to a very good standard. If I have to be critical at all about the Tavern (and this extends to most Bars at Premier Inns) it seems to me that there appears to be little seating for people who just want to have a drink as the Bars are more geared up for eating purposes. Regarding the room, it was very clean, comfortable and very quiet. I was fortunate that I was able to have a room at a promotional rate so was even more pleased at the price that I had to pay, albeit I would have no hesitation in recommending this Premier Inn to anyone and would definitely stay there again and again.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a room next to the road side and one on the other side and both rooms are very quie...
1 Thank David T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights (self + wife) to cover a business trip in early January. Standard Premier Inn rooms and facilities - functional and fairly basic but clean and comfortable, and staff very friendly and helpful. Would be OK value at £45-50 per night for the room, but we paid £19 which was remarkably good.
We didn't have the breafast at £8.25 but this would be better value if you have children (who eat free). But we had dinner at the Tavern next door on both nights - OK, good friendly service, typical pub grub. If staying longer you might want to eat elsewhere for a bit more variety, but this means a drive since the hotel is on the edge of town in a 'retail park' area, perhaps the only downside.
A good budget hotel with friendly staff - recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights over the Christmas period in order to visit with family. We were extremely happy with all aspects of the hotel especially the staff who are very friendly as well as professional. It's a good location as a base camp for exploring. We were in room 46 which was very quiet. Would thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 46 was on the 2nd (top) floor and very quiet
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed at this Premier Inn over Christmas as it was near to relatives. We stopped for three nights, and could not fault the smiling and helpful staff, or the general cleanliness of the rooms and public areas. However, in my opinion the rooms are on the small side compared with other Premier Inns I have stayed in. Also I think the hotel could do with a bit of a refurb! Facilities in the rooms are OK, but the heating controls didn't seem to make much difference to the temperature. An in room safe would be helpful, new carpets, and maybe get rid of the net curtains!
Breakfasts were OK, but sometimes the coffee wasn't very hot, but nothing that wasn't rectified with a smile.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the opposite side to the main road, as they tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CPMS
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The room was ok for 2 adults and two young children for a short stay, although would have been too squished with bigger children! Could've done with a small fridge (being a family room - our little one drinks milk). Conveniently located for us to visit our friends and family and can't fault the food at the tavern and all staff are freindly and welcoming.

Beds are very hard and uncomfy and the lighting is rubbish tbh!

Overall ok stay for short term, but could be improved.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here last minute with 3yr old and baby in a family room on ground floor. Double bed and 2 singles all comfy. Staff all friendly and helpful, breakfast very good. Hotel clean in all of the was we saw, with crisp, white bed linen. Quiet in the room. No frills, but completely exceeded our expectations of it. Very good value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janet B
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Wednesday 28th November 2012. The hotel is easy to find but please be aware that the sat nav indicated to me that I was to take the third exit off the roundabout near the hotel. I did so and found myself back on the dual carriageway which is then hard to get back to the hotel easily. The hotel has three floors and an automatically opening front door. Parking is straight forward at the front and side of the hotel. The Table Table restaurant is next door. The reception I received at this hotel was great and Melody was very helpful and polite. The room was clean and to the ususal good standards of the Premier Inn chain. The room has a normal key and not the key card system. I stayed in room 40 on the top floor and this is on the road side so it would be worth asking for a non road side as there was a little road noise. I paid £64.00 for a double room. The WIFI is free for 30 minutes then they charge £3 for 24 hours. I had breakfast in the Table Table next door as well as an evening meal which was very good.

Room Tip: The road side is a dual carriageway and though not too busy it would be owrth while to see if you co...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liskeard
Pencubitt House
Premier Inn Bodmin Hotel
The Snooty Fox
The Snooty Fox
#1 of 1 in Morval

Been to Premier Inn Liskeard Hotel? Share your experiences!