TripAdvisor

Review of The King Doniert

The King Doniert
Ranked #6 of 8 Quick Bites in Liskeard
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Drinks are cheap and the food is ok, the food is made a price that suits all pockets and if you are looking for a cheap night out this the place, best to use the app as far quicker service than going to the bar.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (155)

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We visited here (2 adults 2 children) over the weekend. Although the waiting times weren't that bad in fairness, I think the chef needs to google how to cook a pizza!

I ordered a pizza with mushrooms, onions etc. I only waited about 10 - 15 minutes for the pizza to arrive but it was a plain cheese pizza. I queried this with the waitress who was very friendly and apologetic. When the pizza arrived back on the table after a further 10 minutes, it did indeed have mushrooms and onions on but the fact they were RAW and hadn't been cooked in anyway was somewhat of a surprise! They were just plonked on top of the original pizza sent back to the kitchen which was now congealed, and the chef thought this was correct. I laughed at first but if you have a chef working in the kitchen that doesn't have the training to know the cheese goes on top of the other ingredients and the other ingredients should be cooked, not merely chopped raw, then I think we will be going elsewhere from now on!

It's a shame as this is local to where we live and convenient but somebody seriously needs to sort this place out. It's becoming a joke!!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank Mark T
Reviewed August 17, 2019

I live in Liskeard so have been in The King Doniert a few times for lunch but think not again as no improvement, it is grubby, the menu's & table were disgustingly dirty and sticky and the table we had to clean with babywipes even after it was cleared/wiped by staff. I know its not a fine dining establishment but i don't see any reason for it being so dirty and it put us right off eating anything, afterall if front of house is like it makes one wonder what the kitchen is like? Also the staff weren't particularly welcoming either, i have MS which affects my balance & co-ordination especially after sitting down for a long time, seeing as i had only had soft drinks as i don't drink alcohol anyway the staff should NOT assume everyone is intoxicated and treat them with such disrespect. Will be spending our money elsewhere in Liskeard now.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank ETP40
Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

We live in Liskeard which is where this Wetherspoons is located. I like Wetherspoons... They deliver what I want at a reasonable price. My fiancée is diabetic and so can appear slightly disoriented. Today, after simply standing up and knocking over a chair it was suggested that she may want to go home. When I asked why I was told that it was obvious my fiancee had consumed enough alcohol. Hmmmm... OK. I asked to speak with a manager not because I was offended but because someone I cared about had just gone to the toilet to administer some insulin. I like Wetherspoons, I live in Liskeard, but please DON'T assume everyone who knocks over a chair is a going to give the staff a hard time. The Wetherspoons staff member who suggested my fiancee go home is, as far as I'm concerned a decent human being who has been nothing but civil and very accommodating other than on this occasion.. Thank you, please remember, not all people who knock things over are ready for a riot.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank 386rayd
Reviewed August 9, 2019

Called in on way through after a day out.
You know what your getting in a Weatherspoons and this was no different , cheap , quick food . Staff were efficient and friendly. Taste was as good as any other Weatherspoons so great for value for money.

Date of visit: July 2019