“Vintage Charm with a vibrating bed!”
Review of Penn Irwin Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Irwin
Penn Irwin Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irwin
Detroit Metro, MI
“Vintage Charm with a vibrating bed!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here by myself on my way to Virginia from Michigan. I like the idea of non-chain motels and helping out the local economy. I checked out the website first, which didn't have much information, but did have a link to an article in the town's newspaper. I liked the article and pictures on the website-both relatively accurate. The sheets, towels, bathroom and bedroom were all clean and tidy, though definitely vintage. The bed was too firm for me and I think I felt the springs in the mattress. The bed did have a coin operated massager that vibrated the bed for about 20 minutes! The motel wad very close to the highway and several fast food restaurants and gas stations. I felt comfortable and safe at this motel. I would stay here again if I were to travel alone. It would be a little crowded for both myself and my husband.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank geoniff

Granville, Ohio
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We spent a few days of a family trip driving the Lincoln Highway through Pennsylvania, and looked forward to some stops at classic eateries and hostelries. This place, near Irwin, PA, was just about perfect. It has been cleaned up and fixed up without losing any of its mid 20th century charm. The walls are dark paneled wood, the bathrooms perfectly adequate but not modern, the rooms spic and span and the bedding comfortable. Our room had a desk and sofa. Amazingly, it also had working Magic Fingers vibrators on the bed. We giggled for a full fifteen minutes until the quarter ran out. Look for the big neon sign up the short drive. This place is nothing like a chain motel, so be prepared for a surprise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank WilloWanderers
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed September 23, 2012

An inexpensive and very adequate stop in a week of travels. The owner was a bit cranky but in the end very accommodating. The exterior of the place might be off-putting (clearly he's at the end of his tenure here and the place is under contract for sale) but the room was pleasant, clean, and all you need for an overnight on the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Mairrey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center

Been to Penn Irwin Motel? Share your experiences!