Angel Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
An Mordros Hotel(Porthleven)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
Lowenac Hotel(Camborne)
Tregildry(Gillan)
  • Restaurant
Tyacks Hotel(Camborne)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is caught in a time warp, out dated rooms, mould on the shower ceiling, leaking toilet, that is so close to one wall it cant be used properly! Very tired decor throughout, including the dining room with its bizaar art work. It's saving grace is the staff who were friendly and helpful, especially the breakfast waitress. Shame because this hotel has potential, and is well situated. One final problem is the parking approx 6 very tight parking spaces is not enough.

Room Tip: Front of hotel noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel but ate there. The quality of the home cooked food was absolutely fantastic. The service was excellent and our waitress went out of her way to be of assistace. Probably one of the best three course meals we've had in a very long time.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank SaraJWorcester
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I ate in the pub of the hotel although I didn't stay there. The pub was English-coz with plaid carpet, massive and beautiful bar, etc. But what made it special was the waitress Emma who served us so pleasant and competently. The food was tasty and the menu appealing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank expatjean
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Emma, our server was most helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable of the menu and everything was well prepared and presented. We were very happy with the service and rates. We were not terribly hungry and she was able to adjust the servings to meet our every desire.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rgrant912
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Well, this Hotel is a treasure, so full of character and history at every turn. My room, though, number 19, was a dreary room and as I was getting ready for a wedding the lack of a long mirror was a bit of a problem. It was, however, a functional room with a comfy bed, good tv, kettle and tea/coffee and all the hanging and storage space you might need. The shower room was great and spotlessly clean, as was the room itself and indeed the whole meandering hotel.
When I booked the room I explained that I would be attending a wedding, also booking a room for the bride and groom, and asked if we might get into the rooms earlier than usual as the wedding was at 2.00pm – this was offered without hesitation and they were given one of the best rooms.
Despite my couple of insignificant gripes I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and what Room 19 lacked in charm was more than made up for by the enchanting character of the Angel; the fabulous staff who were charming and, without exception, hospitable, happy, helpful, friendly and altogether a joy. George, the Manager was brilliant , kind enough to spare the time to tell me something of the history of the building and show me around. Whatever he is doing in terms of heading up and managing a successful team it’s working!!
All in all I think the Angel is a pretty special place with a pretty special team, thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends