“I want to keep it a secret!!!”
Review of Merther Uny Farm

Merther Uny Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helston
Merther Uny Farm
Ranked #28 of 39 Helston B&B and Inns
Maldon, United Kingdom
“I want to keep it a secret!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Just retuned after spending 4 nights at Merther Uny Farm. We booked both rooms, one for myself and partner and the other for our two teenage boys.
It was a home from home...absolutely lovely. The B&B is peaceful and quiet and is a super base for exploring cornwall.
The breakfasts are first class, and we enjoyed a full English every day.
The hosts were very friendly, and made us feel very welcome.
The rooms were well furnished and clean, and decorated tastefully. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone. ...(even though I fear that this hidden gem may become so popular that it may be fully booked in future).
The B&B is amazing value compared to other B&Bs we have stayed in, and I have stayed in many all over the UK.
This is one of my favourites...a five star from us.
Thank you Merther Uny Farm.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Joleex

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
sunderland tyne and wear
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We have just returned from one of the best holidays we have ever had. We went to Cornwall to look up some elderly relatives and stayed in Merther Uny Farm for six nights. The room we had was spotless well furnished and with a lovely comfortable bed. We had tea and coffee facilities with a selection of lovely biscuits each night. The view from the window was of rolling farm land. The nights were dark, silent and peaceful. Our hosts Gill and John could not have been more attentive with help on routes, places to eat, maps as well as delicious breakfasts of whatever we chose including eggs laid that morning from one of their eight hens. It was a really lovely few days and when we go back to Cornwall we would stay nowhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dorothy39
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The service is personalised and second to none. The rooms are restful and very comfortable. Breakfast is a five star experience and Gill's home-made marmalade is delicious.
The garden and surrounding countryside is just beautiful and so quiet. A truly relaxing place to be. We have returned time and time again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I have not got a single bad word to say about our stay at Merther Uny Farm after our very enjoyable stay. Gill & John operate a beautiful B&B that is perfect in everyway, but the best part is they make you feel like it is your own home. Whether its the amazing views, the quaint flowery cottage or the immaculate room, I would highly recommend anyone staying here. Perfect location, as it is mintues from Helston & Penryn that will cover all of your shopping needs and very close to all of Cornwalls main attarctions. I know that we will return one day but hopefully for longer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StewartEllis
Lymington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Very pleasant B&B, on the Lizard. John and Gill made us feel very welcome. The room was clean and in good condition with great views across the valley. Breakfast was great.
A long twisty single lane track is required to get to the cottage, having arrived it’s best to bookmark your satnav as just putting in the post code doesn’t quite get you there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Leicestershire
Reviewed June 28, 2010

4 peaceful nights away in a pretty,quiet location yet excellently positioned for day trips all around west cornwall. Lovely cornish farmhouse with great views. Excellent hosts who couldn't do enough to make our stay perfect. A visit to the horse and jockey bakery in Helston is a must to sample traditional cornish pasties yum yum.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Herefordshire
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This is a lovely old stone house at the end of a narrow lane. It is quiet, beautiful and has superb views across the countryside from the bedrooms. I haven't stayed in the self-catering annexe but I have seen inside and I would like to stay there next time I visit. The room I had was large and comfy, rustic but with modern amenities and the bed was very comfortable.
Gill and John Plaister are lovely people who made me - travelling alone - very welcome indeed. The breakfast is wonderful - juices, cereals, fresh fruit, croissants and cooked English breakfast. You can choose or be a pig like me and have the lot!
There's a large garden and a patio area in front of the guest entrance.

Despite the apparently isolated location, you can be in Helston in about 5 minutes. Falmouth is not much further. There are numerous Cornish villages nearby to explore and all of the lovely coast, the Lizard peninsular, the Helford river, all in easy reach. Penzance takes about 30 mins by car.
If there is a disadvantage, it is that there is no pub or restaurant in walking distance, but Gweek and Constantine are very close and both have eateries. Gweek also has the seal sanctuary and a pretty harbour.

I can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo