“It is what it is.”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“It is what it is.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It's fine for what it is, but you're not going to be blown away. The rides are adequate, as are the facilities.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank JessTW9
Susie H, Manager at Flambards Theme Park, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear TessTW9

Thank you for your comments. We are a small family run theme park in Cornwall which features over 20 rides and attractions. Our advertising reflects this.

If you would like to discuss your visit with us further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Your sincerely

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Ivybridge, England, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Good points and bad”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited Flambards on a fairly grey day in July, having read that it had a good mix of indoor and outdoor activities for small sprogs. They were also doing a forces discount that day which made the price very reasonable we thought.

So, good points were the price, attentive staff, very nice food, well laid out and a good choice of activities to keep a three year old quiet.

Bad points. Firstly, they're possibly a little health and safety over-concious. My son was very eager to go on the carousel but despite being tall for a three year old, we were told he couldn't ride on a horse but instead had to go in the naff little "carriage." I said I was happy to ride with him and that he'd been on similar rides with no issue before, but they wouldn't budge. My son was disappointed to say the least, and I still say it was unnecessary.

It also turned out to be quite ironic, because in one of the soft play zones we found an area where a piece of netting had been removed, leaving a sizeable gap about ten feet off the ground.

Finally, the "Gus Honeybunny's burrow" exhibit was quite possibly the scariest and grimmest exhibition ever to grace a theme park. My son thankfully was merely bewildered, I was nauseated and my husband, who apparently adored this Gus Honeybunny thing, felt like his childhood had been violated! It's a bizarre mix of stuffed dead animals having tea and toy rabbits wearing clothes. Some of the stuffed animals looked as if the taxidermist hadn't done a very thorough job, the mole in particular appeared to be decomposing.

For all that, we had a very pleasant day out, and with a little bit of money spent sprucing it up here and there, Flambards would be an excellent attraction for Cornwall,

Visited July 2012
6 Thank Katherine T
Dear Katherine T

Thank you for your review on TA. We are glad that your overall experience was a good and pleasant one. Unfortunately we do not make the health and safety rules and we follow strict guidelines from an independent body. I agree, and sometimes feel they do not make sense but there are reasons for all of the guidelines we have and it means that it keeps all of our customers safe. It concerns me to read of missing netting. I can assure you that this would have met safety standards but I do hope you reported this to a member of staff if you were concerned.

Gus Honeybun's Burrow is not for everyone although is still an extremely popular attraction within our park. It features Beatrix Potter rabbits in their underground burrow and I can imagine a human size rabbit can be perhaps a little unusual and unique!

We hope to see you return for the 2013 season.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Nasty”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Having grown up in Cornwall and visited flambards over the years I can't help but feel that although. The. Staff work hard and the undercover exhibitions work well that the park looks tired. And needs a makeover even an investment in some newer rides other than the awful balloon ride. Rusting away and the log flume ..also noticed they moved an old ride stuck it in a dome nd turned out the lights...advertising it as a new attraction........not impressed,I don't mind buying food onsight if its good value for money but in this case it was apauling.
I feel the park over the years help entertain my childhood ...but there's a lot to be. Said for the state if the place these days ..sorry guys

5 Thank Gb2013
Dear Gb2013

Thank you for your comments. We welcome feedback of a constructive nature. In reply to your review, we spend hundreds of thousands each year maintaining our rides to the highest of standards and the up-keep of the park. For example, to paint our rollercoaster we spent £38,000 for a specialised paint to re-vamp the 412 metres of tracks and the 128 stanchions. We would love to reinvest in new rides but at present due to the tough times we are all in and the rising costs of insurance etc, this is not possible. However we will continue to reinvest back into the business where possible. In 2011 we invested £1.2million into our new indoor play centre One2eleven which has been a huge success.

We have been very honest in telling our customers that we have moved a ride and made it into a dark ride. In effect this is a new experience and we have had fantastic feedback from it. I am sorry you did not like this ride.

There are hundreds of factors that customers would not take into account in what a family run park like ourselves has to pay out on a daily basis - and nor should we expect them to know this. However I do feel it important for our customers to know that we do care, we have a lot of pride in our park and hope that we can continue and improve for many years to come.

Peterborough, England
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“If youre in the area, worth a visit but could do with a modern makeover!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We made a special effort to get here on public transport while visiting Newquay and although it wasnt the best theme park ever its a nice enough day out. There are only a handful of rides but there are some nice one mixed in there. The car racing track (which costs you extra) is really lovely and nicely kept and my family had great fun on there. The grounds are nicely kept but the rides and paintwork need a good makeover and a lick of paint just to make visitors feel staff respect the place too. Its not really nice to pay for an attraction when its not being maintained. The highlight of my visit was the Victorian/Blitz displays. Wow. It was much bigger and more impressive than any I have seen and we loved the fact that you could go upstairs and look in the bedrooms etc as usually you can only look up at the rooms from below so that was really different. I think this place could be revamped and become very popular - its a bit sad to see it losing its sparkle. Maybe bus/coach trips from popular resorts such as Newquay etc would be beneficial also.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank missacorah
Dear Missacorrah

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had such a lovely time. During the winter months, our maintenance team spend the whole time maintaining the rides to the safest standards. We also spend thousands on painting each year and for the up-keep of the park.

We are glad you found our museums to be so impressive and we hope to welcome you back for the 2013 season.

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
525 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,184 helpful votes
“victorian village makes this place”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

In my eyes a fairly decent theme park here with just about everything,rides animals and a fantastic victorian village that i really enjoyed.The family seemed to enjoy the day out but my highlight was the village.We like another reviewer had a free return ticket but once was enough for us.A lovely day all the same.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank shane s
Dear Shane S

Thank you for your comments. We are a park that tries to have something for everyone. Your comments support this and we thank you for taking the time to write the review.