“Lovely place to stay”

Elysian Fields
Ranked #1 of 39 Helston B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

booked one nights stay just for a nights break from home. had such a lovely warm welcome and much more. one of the most cleanest places i have stayed. and the room i stayed in was so spacious and the bathroom was lovely even topped off with beautiful origami toilet rolls. jackie was so helpful and nothing seemed to be any trouble for her. so many choices for breakfast which was a delight to see as not many places have so much of a choice. i will be booking again when i need a nights break from home again very soon. and also a very big thank you for making my stay special jackie a very lovely and caring host. will recommend you to everyone.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

I enjoyed your company very much and look forward to you having another stay with us. I am so pleased that you mentioned the Origami toilet rolls, our guests often rush to see what design will be awaiting them on their return from a day out. My efforts obviously have not been wasted. I know that you are returning soon and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Elysian Fields

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The breakfast was fab - really well cooked and generous, with lots of choice. Nothing was too much trouble for Jackie who made us feel really 'at home' and relaxed. This was a very spacious home and well located to see St Michaels Mount, the Lizard Peninsula, etc. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loz g

I really enjoy greeting my guests and getting to know people who visit. I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay here with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

stayed 3 nights and what a lovely place it was .we were made most welcome and so was our dog .The rooms were lovely and clean with everything you could need .There was a good choice for breakfast and it really set you up for the day .We hope to go back for another visit later in the year ,Thankyou jackie you we a lovely host .Keith&sue (somerset)

Room Tip: If you have a dog ask for the room by the back door, it takes you straight out to the lovely grounds
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

It was a pleasure having you all stay including your lovely dog! Thank you for introducing me to your lovely family, I look forward to meeting up again in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I booked a one night stay last minute. The atmosphere was bright, clean and airy. The decor of the property complemented the seaside location and added to the atmosphere. The owner and staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, giving a caring touch to your stay.
The room was clean, well equipped and beautifully decorated.
The breakfast provided a feast of many choices! The quality of the food demonstrated that it was locally sourced.
I would thoroughly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms have their own qualities.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shez2812

It was indeed a pleasure having you both stay. I am delighted that you could tell the meat is of quality and sourced locally. We do our best to support local trade wherever possible.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We called on the off chance and were very lucky to get a cancelled booking. This is a first class family run hotel. The owner (Jackie) was more than helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and breakfast excellent. I wish we could have stayed longer as it's a real gem of a place. Thank you very much for making our stay one to remember. Highly recommended A++++++

1  Thank cheneyblue

Thank you for the kind review, I am really pleased that we managed to find a room for you both. I am sure that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We only stayed one night and wish we could have stayed longer. Even our five year old wanted to stay another night. Nothing was any trouble to Jackie and she is such a lovely lady.
Everything is so clean and fresh looking. Breakfast was yummy with lots to choose from, we recommend the full english, cooked just how we like it. Will be returning in the future. My husband is keen on trying the cream tea!
Thank you for our lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Melanie P
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. On your next visit I will make sure that you have a Cornish cream tea. I must say that you have a lovely family, and it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is no ordinary B and B. It is a real gem. Jackie is the perfect host. She is very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble for her. A delicious Cornish cream tea was provided for us within a few minutes of our arrival. Everywhere is spotlessly clean and all the rooms are light, airy and spacious. As for breakfast, you couldn't do any better in a 5 star hotel! Our small dog enjoyed her 3 day stay as much as we did. She was also made to feel welcome and our room was right next to the door which led to the large lawned area - ideal for her early morning walk. All in all - perfect in every way. If you don't believe me go and try it for yourself. We may see you there because we will certainly return.

Room Tip: Room no.2 if you have a dog.
1  Thank 47John_W

I really enjoyed your company, I was really pleased that Salkie also enjoyed the stay. I try to make all of my guests feel that they are special including pets. I am also really happy that you enjoyed the cream tea on arrival, and look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Helston
Mullion Cove Hotel
#1 of 4 in Truro
Harbour Inn
Harbour Inn
#1 of 8 in Porthleven

Been to Elysian Fields? Share your experiences!