“Amazing food”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Post code TR13 8pS
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We visited on friday night as a post xmas meal with the girls and the waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was served quite quickly and was fantastic. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys italian food. Definitely would go back again and again.

daniela m, Manager at Giuseppes, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Hi

So glad you enjoyed your post Christmas get together and look forward to serving you all again!!

Kind regards, Daniela

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We came in on Saturday. The food was nothing less than superb and the waitresses were excellent, really pleasant and helpful.

Hey Laura

Thank you for leaving your first ever review and I am really pleased you enjoyed your evening at Giuseppe's.

Hope all is well and look forward to serving you again :)

Best wishes, Daniela

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Myself and five friends ate here and were surprised by the poor quality of the food served, my starter was calamari, this was chewy and had awful batter and the presentation was standard at best, I then had Steak, I asked for meduim/well and recieved well/dry it was made edible by a nice sauce, three of my friends had pasta, which was truely awful dry and no more than could be knocked up at home with a supermarket sauce. The (chef) then decided to "clean" his cooker which was downstairs this caused so many fumes in the restaurant that the waitress (who is this establishments only good asset) had to open the door onto the street to let the air clear! When we complained to the owner he threatened to call the police! Top effort to the waitress who deserves to be working in a much better establishment than this one, she is excellent. Avoid this restaurant.

2  Thank Jeremy C
daniela m, Manager at Giuseppes, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Jeremy

Unfortunately, I was unable to personally respond to your inaccurate review back in November due to you miss spelling Giuseppe's. However, the review was brought to my attention and I was able to use this new information to try and locate you and your party.

I will not go into the details of how disgusting and inappropriate you all were to the young waitress and how intimidating and threatening you were to the chef. Instead I would like to use this as the opportunity to respectfully request that you settle the remainder of your bill (£49.43)

Daniela

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by relatives who visited in August and we were not disappointed. We were a party of five and all enjoyed our food. We had a warm welcome and friendly helpful service. The choice was good, food tasty and good value. We will be back!

daniela m, Manager at Giuseppes, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Many thanks Hannah D!!!

Best wishes, Daniela

Reviewed September 15, 2013

It's ok, if you want a quick in and out Italian meal. Nothing I couldn't knock up at home with a bit of effort, not a place for a special meal, but very edible.

1  Thank Jonathan R
daniela m, Manager at Giuseppes, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hi Johnathan r

I am sorry to read that you feel that the meal you had at Giuseppe's was just 'edible' and could easily be replicated at home....To be fair I think with a bit of 'effort' and a receipe, that could be said for the majority of dishes served at restaurants..

I'd like to add that Giuseppe's is a ONE CHEF establishment offering an extensive a la carte menu and specials board that is prepared and cooked to order by Giuseppe himself ...It may not be the most technical menu but we believe it creates enough variety to suit all tastes and is fitting for the location and type of restaurant we want to be..

We have only been re open 3 weeks and have already had two large birthday parties, a hen do and an engagement party celebrated at Giuseppe's so customers do like to dine with us for a 'special meal' also...

Again I apologise for not being what you want us to be and would be very grateful if you are able to get in touch with us and let us know what dishes were ordered and what you think was lacking, to enable us to see if there is any adjustments we can make...

Kind regards, Daniela