“Thumbs up from us”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We come in quite often for a Sunday roast and it's never disappointed yet. A choice of three meats cooked lovely and a great range of veg. Well priced works out cheaper to eat here on a Sunday than cooking it at home with all the effort. We alway leave full to the brim.

We have had family come down to stay and they used the b&b here. The room was really nice, lovely and clean. They said breakfast was brilliant each morning. And the golf course was just as good.

1  Thank CMT02

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Heard great things about steak night and wasn't disappointed, amazing cut of beef and big chunky chips. Best I've had in ages. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome even on a very busy evening. Was invited to the lounge after to relax with a few drinks and let the huge meal settle, which we really enjoyed. You must save room for the desserts my home made banoffee pie was amazing and before I could taste my girlfriends creme brûlée she had scoffed the lot :) gonna try and book for a Sunday carvery now I have found this Jem of a restaurant, as a local said it was the best around and I wouldn't bet against it.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Have heard mixed reports about food but I have never been disappointed before. Unfortunately their wasn't anything positive I could say about our Friday lunchtime visit, apart from the waitress who served was very pleasant and it didn't break the bank. The beer was off, the food was not that great and certainly wasn't freshly prepared as menu states and there was no atmosphere in the place at all...it was so cold I had to leave my coat on, given that the weather is so bad at the moment you would hope that they may have heating on for their guests but maybe they don't want them to stay long! Sorry Wheal Dream..won't be rushing back.

1  Thank adellshel
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We often have Sunday roast at wheal dream and it has always been perfect. They are always welcoming and child friendly.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I very much enjoyed a recent meal here. The food was well cooked and presented and the service was excellent. I had the carvery and the meat was delicious. There was a good variety of vegetables which were not overcooked as is often the case. I have eaten here once before and that meal was also good, so I would definitely recommend Wheel Dream for quality and value.