“The Polpeor Cafe”

Ranked #15 of 119 Restaurants in Helston
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This cafe must be the best place to eat in Britain.
Stunning views and the food is absolutely wonderful.
Should you fancy some delicate local fresh fish or a steak pie the meals are superb.

It is not often that you find the diversity of the menu and you can take you own wine and look out over the sea. The prices are very reasonable and the staff are so friendly.

10 out of 10

There are newer reviews for Polpeor Cafe

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We always come here when we go to Cornwall. We found it originally by chance. The view is sensational and the cafe is lovely because it is all a bit home built (no loos - they are up in the NT car park) and it hasn't been taken over by all those awful people who inhabit Padstow.

It is relaxed and friendly with happy staff. We had prawn sandwiches, prawn cocktail and whitebait followed by ice creams, sundae and meringue. Good value proper food, highly recommended. especially as we could sit and watch the seals In the water

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is unmissable for anyone visiting the area. The views are stunning and the outside eating area is somewhere I would be quite happy to linger for hours. The staff were some of the happiest and friendliest I have encountered and looked after my party of 10 perfectly for an early evening meal. It was my birthday so we had taken quite a few bottles of wine and were a probably being a bit loud but nobody seemed to mind, We ordered various dishes from the menu and all were cooked and presented well. I really enjoyed my selection of 3 types of fish. I returned for lunch the next day and the crab sandwich was the best I have had anywhere.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Visiting Cornwall, we discovered this marvelous spot with this very sympathetic café.
Having eaten there twice recently, we can confirm that’s a good choice. Nothing very fancy on the menu, but products are very fresh and local. The roasted duck with plum sauce is a true delight.
Since they are off-license, you may bring your own wine : a very good deal.
Service is very smiling and quite rapide compared to other such places around.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Really nice visit and great table service. Food was brilliant and I would highly recommend this café