“usual premier inn eatery!”
Review of The May Tree

The May Tree
Ranked #25 of 119 Restaurants in Helston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a quick snack, a leisurely meal, a celebration with friends and family, or a business meeting with colleagues, we've got the table and menu for you. You can lounge on our comfy sofas or dine in our cosy alcoves. Or even have a meal in one of our private dining spaces. At The May Tree you can enjoy our great menu which serves up something tempting for every occasion. From traditional to contemporary, steaks to salads, you'll find a meal to suit.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

good menu choice, smiley staff ,and a decent plateful of food,,just what you want when you need it! clean place,,the service is good not to long a wait neather,,there roasts are allways excellent!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I keep on going to treat ourselves quite often at this restaurant and if we keep on going back it means that we are pleased with the service, location and quality of food. The ambient is nice and staff pretty professionally friendly. We recently visited the May Tree restaurant opened in Camborne, which is it's twin brother from Helston and we've had the same pleasant experience. We will go back to either of them!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and i went to visit this establishment this evening and to be honest i cant see how the bad reviews have come about. Service was excellent as was the standards.I do beliveve that honest mistakes do happen,but i do think if as a customer you can open a dialogue instead of being condesending to the hosts this will always get you the remedy you would like. Many thanks to our server Dan and to Vicky (hope that is spelt right) for a relaxing evening and we will be back.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

my parent s visit me during the year and alway s stay here for one or two night s the accomadation is excerlent with helpfull happy staff the food in the resturant is good servered quickly even when busy and value for money

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was a very disappointing experience. We had to find a waitress to get our order as we waited so long. It took them 30 minutes to put a drink on the table and another 30 minutes before any food showed up. The food wasn't too bad, albeit a little on the cold side. We waited, and waited for the waitress to return to take the desert order and another drink order. Once again we had to find a waitress to serve us. I complained to the manager, who was out the back in her office (not helping) she refused to give me her boss's details to formally complain. She said, "it is unusually busy tonight". Management 101 - you should never say that to customers, its not their problem! We also noticed she went to 3 other tables just in our area to talk to other customers who were complaining. She did give us complimentary deserts & drinks but I won't go back.