All reviews travel lodge family room road noise fuel station an overnight stay room was clean brewers fayre st ives small retail park comfortable stay stayed for nights the ground floor what it says on the tin great place to stay good nights sleep tea and coffee lands end
Reviewed October 29, 2018

Very helpful staff. The room was clean and airy and the bed and pillows were really comfortable. I had anticipated traffic noise but it was not audible from the room. Very handy location for access to Hayle and the A30 which in turn gives easy access to anywhere in Cornwall. Great that dogs are allowed, (unlike another certain budget chain.)

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

All you need for a few days stay, comfortable rooms, great staff, nothing too much trouble. Ample car parking, great location. Although if you’ve not visited before then the signs from the main roundabout are confusing, but just head behind the shell garage. Will definitely be returning .

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2018

I have stayed in many Travelodges but I think this one located in Hayle is the worst I have experienced and having to pay £54 per night for the experience was outrageous. The staff were all friendly and the bed comfortable, sadly these are the only good points about this motel. It is located behind a petrol station and the entrance to, and a large part of the car parking area, is tatty, dimly lit at night and on the date I visited had many large workmen’s vans in it . I was allocated room 17 and on entering there was a strong musty smell emanating from the bathroom and the carpet was generally dirty with a large stain just inside the door. The deadlock on the door would not operate necessitating me placing the chair against it overnight for peace of mind. I have a bad back so have to do exercises whilst lying on the floor on rising each morning. While doing this, placing one of the towels on the floor as I had no intention of lying on the dirty carpet, I observed many stains under the shelving unit near to the beverage area. Why didn’t I request another room you may be thinking but after caring for a very sick relative overnight during the previous week I was just too shattered to summon up the energy for a confrontation with the staff and the room being on the ground floor meant I did not have stairs to climb with my luggage.

Date of stay: October 2018
TravelodgeUK, Molly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Hayle, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to learn of your experience and would like to look into this further for you.

Therefore, may we kindly request that you contact our Customer Services Team so that we can investigate this more thoroughly with the Hotel.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed during the start of storm Callum and it got very wet and windy. However had a great nights sleep.

Staff very friendly and helpful and the rooms are your typical Travelodge.

Great value for money out of the holiday season however can be quite pricey during the summer months.

Would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2018

Excellent location to explore this part of Cornwall. To the centre of St Ives in less than 20 minutes by car (in peak holiday periods use Leland park and ride). McDonalds , Boots , M&S & a pub less than 5 minutes away.
Friendly staff and rooms as expected from a Travelodge (clean/functional).
I stayed with my dog who also rated this as 5 stars !

• Trip type: Traveled solo