“When in Hayle don't go here.”
Review of Diing Tay - CLOSED

Diing Tay
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Having been tonight in August 2013 I can highly recommend not going here.

Despite being the only 2 people in the restaurant for the entirety of Saturday night, the drinks still took 10 mins to arrive and the food another 25 mins for just the starters and even then it did not taste good.

I have eaten Chinese all over the UK and the world and this was by far the worst I have ever had.

Do NOT waste your money.

1  Thank IanH186338

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Excellent Chinese restaurant. 14 of us were there for my friends birthday and it was excellent. Brilliant service, they even surprised us with flowers a bottle of champagne and a cake. We were very well looked after. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Great takeaway not easy for anyone to cook a takeaway for 16 people.
all the food that was ordered was boxed.
It is easy to miss on the first floor ( with only a door on the street ) which gives it excellent harbour views ( with a sea breeze if you ask then to open the front windows ). Generous portions of simple Chinese food with friendly service .Large menu choice and they do take away and deliveries .

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ate here as relatively local people. After making a delivery in the area it seemed a nice idea to save cooking when we returned home. The view is fantastic, the restaurant is enjoying a new lease of life with new management. The service was good the prices cheap and the quality excellent. The sweet and sour sauce was not to my liking but the chicken balls themselves were huge chunks of chicken in light batter. I was recommended the bang bang chicken and this was very nice. All in all an enjoyable evening and full tummys for the drive home. After talking with the manager I understand some big changes have and will continue to happen. I think that makes this a restaurant to watch go from good to excellent over the next few months.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having visited the restaurant a couple of years ago for a sit down meal, we decided to pop in for a takeaway. The restaurant was completely empty but the takeaway service seemed quite busy. We were told it would be a 30 minute wait for food, which we expected as we hadn't ordered ahead. Staff were friendly and efficient whilst taking the order and the food was very reasonably priced. All seemed good until we got back home and started unpacking the food to dish out. Rice and noodles were in a shallow tub, which would have been fine had the tubs actually been full instead of half full. My 'special' chow mein certainly wasn't special and again not a full tub! I ALWAYS order this dish whenever I eat Chinese, usually it's a mixture of chicken, beef, char Sui pork and prawns. This one was only chicken, and the only spicy chow mein I've had. You could visibly see tiny chilli pieces in the sauce. My daughter ordered sweet and sour chicken and the chicken was very small chunks with large chunks of just batter. The rest of the order was just 'ok' but we were all left needing more food and the children were complaining of still being hungry. I'm not a complainer, but I was so disappointed I felt compelled to ring the restaurant. In all fairness they did handle the complaint very well and the manager, who wasn't on site at the time, did return my call immediately and offer an apology and offered to recompense us. We had picked up a menu to leave in our holiday let as a recommendation to our guests, however the menu is now in the bin! I certainly wouldn't recommend to others nor will I be visiting again.

3  Thank DebbieInCornwall