“Authentic Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This restaurant changes it's menu every month which means you are guaranteed a great choice every time you visit.

The menu is quite short but well executed and authentic. I had an antipasti meat selection which was one of the best I have had and an aubergine bake. Sadly I had no room for desert.

I visited with my family and baby daughter and our pushchair was accommodated well.

A great addition to Hayle.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Fantastic meal. The sardines were fantastic and the linguini with meat balls were great. I tried my partners fish stew which was also perfect! Will definitely be going again! A much needed restaurant in the hayle.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely evening at the restaurant which had been open almost a year. Monthly change of menus to keep the taste buds flowing. Not a massive choice ( no pizza, spag Bol or the usual) but things u might not usually choose. Booked ahead which I would think is essential for a Saturday eve or in high season and had a lovely window seat. Cosy atmosphere and tables far enough apart to have an intimate conversation. Attentive waitress and great food. As newbys to Hayle I think this place will become a favourite place.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We booked on spec for this restaurant not really knowing what to expect. The restaurant is nice and airy with no attempt to cram in lots of tables creating a respectable distance between each and allowing for discreet and private chatter if needs be.
The menu was a bit of a surprise to us offering dishes using local produce but prepared in the Italian style, very refreshing and pleasingly simple allowing the quality of the produce to shine through.
A nice wine list offered a broad choice and we selected the Legato Nero d'Avola a spicy plummy red from Sicily this was very pleasant indeed and also quite powerful too.
Our starters consisted of the Funghi, a baked portabello mushroom with gorgonzola and honey on a bed of dressed rocket leaves and the Sardine marinate, pickled sardines, cucumber, dill and bay with mixed leaves, both were very well presented and very tasty, a good start indeed.
For mains we chose the Polpette, spicy pork and fennel meat balls served with fettuccini and the Nasello, a hake fillet, served with roasted squash and sweet potato, pan-fried
calamari, with roasted garlic and squid ink dressing. Again these were both superbly presented with excellent fresh flavours and were augmented with a Rucola E Parmigiano, a
rocket and parmesan salad and crispy Patate Saltate, rosemary and rock salt sautéed potatoes, all delicious and complementary.
We don't usually do dessert but were so impressed so far then why not, so we chose the Torte, a vanilla and almond polenta and the chocolate and ‘amaretto brownie both served with a scoop of vanilla gelato and both were stunningly delicious too.
The hospitality didn't end there as we were offered an interesting mint liqueur to finish with.
So overall an excellent high quality very carefully and well prepared meal, very highly recommended indeed.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Tried this restaurant following Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. Had a late table booking as it was a last minute decision but felt very welcome even when we were the last people there. Food is not cheap but the flavours are divine and the portions generous. I was uncertain about my selection and was helped by talking through my options with Becky who later checked I was happy with my choice - she was clearly genuinely interested rather than just going through the motions. We had the Funghi, Anti Pasti and Sardines to start followed by the Risotto (which was the tastiest I've ever had), my husband the Pollo and my son had the fish stew (Spezzatino di pesce) which was so impressively presented and full of different varieties of fish that we all wish we'd chosen it. The desserts were a delight and the mint ice cream was out of this world and so different from any I've tasted before. We regularly holiday in Hayle and a visit here will be a prerequisite each time. A unexpected treasure!