“Re visit”

The Old Quay House
Ranked #18 of 64 Restaurants in Hayle
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Perfectly located on the water's edge of the beautiful RSPB Hayle Estuary Nature Reserve, experience stunning views whilst enjoying our delicious home-made food in our restaurant, relax with a real ale in our cosy bar area or watch the children on the play area in our large estuary side garden. Our very popular carvery is available every Sunday lunch and dinner, along with our normal menu (booking advised).
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Now this place has improved,plenty of both interior and exterior space. If you go on a cold wet day then the conservatory is especially nice,but, on a warm day or evening take the children out into the garden which although it has a busy road to one side has a splendid view across the water to the Lelant Salting's.
Service was attentive and although it can be busy in high season the wait for food was pretty good as was the extensive menu on offer.
Good selection of ale.
Free large car park {With bird watching capability}
All in all if you are on the way to St.Ives this will offer a good pre or post stop off....give it a try.

7  Thank RoyL65

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Visited the Old Quay House again with my husband while on holiday in Cornwall and had a lovely lunch. We sat outside in the sunshine and it was very pleasant. Our food was served by a young waitress who was very friendly and efficient.

We ordered sausages and mash and had expected it to be served with gravy but there was none. However, the West Country sausages were very tasty and we both enjoyed our meals.

We can recommend the Old Quay House and will definitely be returning the next time we are in Cornwall.

505  Thank Sandygranny
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Thought would treat the kids to a meal at The Old Quay House. Eldest had the Fish & Chips which was plentiful and well presented, Youngest had half roast chicken which was plentiful but they chicken was very grey and I had the ploughmans - no pickle, no apple and had to ask for a pickled onion. I paid nearly £15 for this glorified Ham salad. All in all we were not impressed with quality considering what we paid

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to eat a five minute walk from where we were staying. ..all of us had an excellent meal .perfect service.cosy laid back atmosphere. We will return without question

2  Thank Julie G
Reviewed August 5, 2014

As a holiday maker I have been visiting Hayle since 1985. The 1st and last time I will visit The Old Quay. We arrived to a good warm welcome from staff in a busy restaurant. We bought drinks from the bar and were showed to our table upstairs. At the time of ordering food we were told there was a 30 minute wait for food. Which would be fine for a family of 6 including 2 children and 1 type 1 insulin dependant diabetic. After 45 minutes we still had no contact, no entertainment for the kids. After a further 10 minutes waiting I became concerned as I had injected my insulin in anticipation of our food 25 mins earlier. After listening to another families disappointment with the service in the tables next to us, I approached the food ordering point asked where the order was. Staff entered the kitchen and returned to tell an elderly man (Manager) there was another 20minutes wait for our meals. I told the manager of my disappointment and concern for my dietary needs, to which he replied "Well you won't find anywhere else too eat in Hayle this time of night" (8pm) needless to say I asked for money back and we left Very Hungry! With 2 figity children and low blood sugars which meant I could not drive. Chinese takeaway were happy to help. And half the price. Stay away Families.

5  Thank Chris L