“Value for money friendly welcome”
Review of Mad Hatter

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayle
Mad Hatter
Ranked #5 of 15 Hayle B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here to attend a family function and the room was very quaint and comfortable. The room had lots of pink which I was fine with but my partner not so sure and the tiniest bathroom but I would call it a feature. The food was superb and lots of it. The couple who ran it were lovely and I would definitely make a return trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mad Hatter

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hostess may be the funniest person in England. Very warm and witty. The room was a bit tired, with a very pink decor. The bathroom was tiny, but I was happy that it was en suite. Great breakfast and very welcoming. They have a huge dog and a gate to keep it bounding up the stairs. It was a bit difficult to navigate.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nickoval
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We regularly visit hayle as family live in lelant and angaarack. My mother always stays at the mad hatter when she can and always enjoys herself.it was my 1st time and my only negative is the lack of parking.that is it,everything else is super....the breakfast...the bedrooms and pauline and derek who are very welcoming and will be able to help you to locate bus routes, shopping, eating, anything!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2012

What a wonderful place to spend the night, our first on a 5 day Coast Path walking trip from Portreath to Land's End.The rooms were splendid, very comfortable and decorated in such a friendly manner. Thank you to Pauline and Derek for their kind hospitality and for drying our walking boots and coats! The Mad Hatter Tea Shop was ever so cosy and the meals were absolutely delicious!

Many thanks for such a wonderful stay, we would highly recommend!

Katie, Bethany, Sam and Sam xx

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Every year we get together with friends in Cornwall to go on a coastal walk/pub crawl. This year we stayed in Hayle at the Mad Hatter for one night.
The Mad Hatter is a tea shop well located on Fore Street (the main street) with five rooms above it. One is ensuite and the other share toilets (2) and a shower room and room with a bath. We stayed in one of the rooms and our friends in the others.
I can't vouch for the tea rooms (although the cakes looked good) but we enjoyed our stay at the B&B. The owners were friendly and helpful. We slept well. The full english was just what I needed the next day. It did the job!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night before I started my walk on the south west coast path. The owners were very kind and social and the room was perfect. If I have to say something negative it would be that the size of the en-suite was really tiny, but I didn´t mind much because everything else was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank triumph_11
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stopped here for 1 night and it was great. we stopped in a family room with 1 double bed and 2 singles, still plenty of room.

The view was great of the river, and breakfast was superb!!! would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank CleggDerbyshire_UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayle
White Hart Hotel
#4 of 15 in Hayle
Sandbank House
Sandbank House
#2 of 15 in Hayle

Been to Mad Hatter? Share your experiences!