“Terrible service! Disgusted!”

Johnny's Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the minute we entered the lady (I use that term generously) who greeted us was miserable. I saw other customers receiving the same steely service. We ordered drink and I asked very politely if we could charge a phone in one of the available power points (a not uncommon request these days), to which she responded yes. Then on paying our bill she demanded an extra 40p for 15 mins of 'charge time' saying "we cannot afford to give free electricity to everyone that comes in here"! Very disappointing attitude indeed!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Simply the best wholefood restaurant around these parts. Some reviewers don't seem to get it.
My many experiences of this cafe have always consisted of excellent food and service from folk with whom you can laugh, chat, tease or discuss serious topics with. My only wish would be that they opened on sundays so I could enjoy the hospitlity for an extra day.

1  Thank OhPollacks
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Cool cafe with great tea coffee cake snacks etc .Pleasant views andtake away snacks and bread available. Kind of place to read a book or meet friends.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Perhaps they were having an off day but it was as if they didn't want us there and were very off-hand! Never had a smile throughout our visit! I had an espresso that was served in a large coffee cup (not an espresso cup) and the coffee was just luke warm. I was very disappointed in this experience and will not be returning.

1  Thank Phillack
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I'm not vegetarian but this café is no 1 on my 'to do' list whenever I visit west Cornwall. I aim to be there bang on opening time at 10am to bag the window seat! The vegan breakfast is superb and kept me going right through to the evening. I don't know the make of coffee but it was really good too. My partner only wanted toast and jam but the bread was delicious. The staff are lovely being friendly but not intrusive. The music this time was French - perhaps they knew my name was André :-) This is a lovely café but to enjoy the ambience you must want to come here to sit and relax, not be in a hurry to be elsewhere. They offer free wi-fi if you need internet access but I prefer to watch the world go by out of the window and enjoy the chatter of the regulars who clearly love their local café. I will be back every time I'm anywhere near Hayle.