“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Although we hadn't booked in advance we was able to be seated on a Saturday evening. Myself and my partner tried the Tawa Lamb Sagwalla and the Tawa Chicken Tikka Garlic Chillli (Chef specials), my parents tried the Chicken Biryani alongside rice and Naan. All highly recommended, food was fantastic, friendly staff.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Ate hear after a recommendation from the place we were staying. Don't let the outside put you off, we were given a warm welcome and had excellent service.

The food arrived quickly and was really tasty, the waiter was happy to offer advice and suggestions. We had a enjoyable evening, and left feeling full and happy.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Food was amazing,service was excellent. We hadn't booked and they were busy but this wasn't a problem. Service was excellent and very friendly, the place was spotlessly clean,Can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank Shazzy6969
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Grameen is my favourite choice for a take-away meal and has been for the last couple of years. Last week I decided to eat in with my family and the food was absolutely delicious as usual.

We had a selection of starters to share, the tandoori king prawns in particular were a real delight. For our main courses we had three different curries and a wide selection of side orders to share between four of us. The lamb balti was extremely yummy, but the highlight for me had to be the balti chicken sagwalla - my usual favourite dish to take-away, which tasted even better eaten-in.

Service was perhaps a little slow at times but this was expected given that they were quite busy, especially considering it was mid-week, and they didn't have many staff on. However, I should add, at no point did we feel neglected at all.

I agree with some of the comments below about their prices being on the higher side of average, but I really do think that you get what you pay for. With that said though, our meal for four including a round of drinks came to just over £90 which for the quality of the food is really excellent value in my eyes.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We only had a takeaway here and this place is quite easily the best takeaway Indian around these parts and the service is friendly and attentive.....just wish it wasn't so darn pricey. I know you get what you pay for but when you end up paying more for a takeaway than you could have a sit down meal for at many other establishments then its quite simply too expensive and has to be regarded as a rare treat rather than a casual takeaway meal.