Went for 2 nights here....Sat Nav takes you to the back of the hotel from where there is no entrance...you need to go the road which is parallel to the river vs the one road before. We got there late and they were happy to leave a key out for us with directions to how to find the room (mind you, it's not a very big hotel anyway).
We got the room with a view towards the river and it was great! Big Wide windows which slide open...we were in room 10 which has a mini bar (small basic fridge), full tea making facilities, lots of storage etc. Nothing to complain about at all EXCEPT that the walls are somewhat thin and I could hear the next door's Snoring at night, coughing and then the alarm clock in the morning..better sound insulation would definitely benefit the rooms.
Breakfast service is very polite and professionals. When I was leaving the hotel I noticed that it is rated as a 3 star hotel which I was surprised about. With the way the staff, rooms and breakfast is..I was under the impression it's a 4 star!!! Would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and would happily go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel nestles on the hillside high above the magnificent Fowey River in Cornwall, close to the Eden Project. An independent luxury hotel set in a glorious location, and we pride ourselves on individual attention to all our guests. 14 guest rooms, all en-suite, all with exceptional river views, most with balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Cormorant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cormorant On The River Hotel
- The Cormorant Hotel Golant, Cornwall