After finding this hotel online when searching for Hotels in Fowey I found this one which stated it was about 2 miles up river from Fowey. I booked it because of the good reviews and the views on the website. I wasn't disappointed. I only booked for a one night break and was given directions by the hotel staff as was told sat nav can be unreliable. Found it easily, I read some reviews that said the drive to the hotel was a bit hairy but it wasn't too bad and just a bit steep up to the hotels drive. I booked a superior room with a balcony/decked area overlooking the river. AMAZING views and such a wonderful setting, cannot be beaten and the view is worth the price alone in my opinion. Room was of a decent standard, very clean with mini bar/fridge and easy chairs with table looking out over the balcony. One thing to mention, we also booked this hotel as it stated there was wifi in all rooms. This was a must for us as mobile reception in Cornwall is patchy at best and we wanted to keep in touch with the teenagers at home! Our room was at the far end of the hotel and because of this did not receive wifi. We mentioned this to reception and they offered us a change of room which was almost identical and closer to reception where wifi signal was a 'little' better. If you are relying on the wifi mention this when booking as all rooms do not get a good signal as stated. This was really our only gripe as eveything else was lovely. The hotel itself is nicely kept with nice outside seating in the gardens and lovely restaurant. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and the bar in the evenings is nice and not overly priced. Some reviewers mentioned the walls were a bit thin and could hear other guests in their rooms. We did not find this a problem, we did hear the guests above us walking around but that was all. Maybe we were just lucky with quiet guests in the rooms next door to us. It was nice to be that bit out of Fowey. Golant is a lovely little place with a nice pub. We got a taxi into Fowey and back which cost us about £7 each way. Much easier than trying to park there. Would recommend this hotel and would definitely return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel nestles on the hillside high above the magnificent Fowey River in Cornwall, close to the Eden Project. An independent luxury hotel set in a glorious location, and we pride ourselves on individual attention to all our guests. 14 guest rooms, all en-suite, all with exceptional river views, most with balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cormorant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cormorant On The River Hotel
- The Cormorant Hotel Golant, Cornwall