Really pleased with this hotel! Booked it on an Internet deal, £80 room and breakfast for my wife and I, but it surpasses many hotels we've endured for a lot more money! Lovely riverside location, I think all rooms face river, restaurant is great, river facing. Food superb, as is the service. Lounge area is nicely set out in groups of cosy sofas with hot log fire. Our room was not large, but perfectly clean, and had a panoramic sliding window overlooking curve in river/ estuary. Decor is all good and clean, could possibly be improved??? But everything else and lovely friendly and hard working staff more than make up for it. Timber clad spa is also good. Lovely Poole and hot tub. Note: this hotel is perched on a hillside and had a very steep access driveway. It is now one of our favourite places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel nestles on the hillside high above the magnificent Fowey River in Cornwall, close to the Eden Project. An independent luxury hotel set in a glorious location, and we pride ourselves on individual attention to all our guests. 14 guest rooms, all en-suite, all with exceptional river views, most with balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cormorant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cormorant On The River Hotel
- The Cormorant Hotel Golant, Cornwall