“Worst colour pub in UK”
Review of The Bowgie Inn

The Bowgie Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Crantock
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cornwall is renowned for its stunning coastal locations and dramatic seascapes, and if you haven't visited The Bowgie Inn in Crantock near Newquay, you're yet to see the best. Situated on West Pentire Headland overlooking the stunning Crantock Bay, the views from this famous pub will take your breath away. The surrounding area is a walker's paradise sandwiched between the unspoiled beaches of Crantock and Polly Joke. It's just a short stroll from The Bowgie to the coastal path which will take you on a circular walk of the headland, passing both beaches. On route, you'll be treated to spectacular views of the wild Atlantic Ocean, spot seabirds at play and work up a well-deserved appetite. A 'Taste of the West' Member, The Bowgie's traditional menu includes prime selected ingredients, Cornish produce, great food offers, local ales, well-chosen wines, an acclaimed luxury hot chocolate, and of course, the pub's famous Sunday Roast Dinner served all day. The Bowgie is open everyday from 11am, serving great pub lunches from 11am - 3pm and evening meals from 5pm - 9pm on week days and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Food is also served all day during school holiday periods. With fantastic sea views, lots of seating inside and out and a sun terrace for those warm Summer evenings, The Bowgie and the surrounding area is the perfect place to explore all year round. With a large private car park right outside the door, this must-visit Cornish treasure is accessible for all.
Stratford upon Avon
“Worst colour pub in UK”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Great location and caters for all. Decent pub grub and excellent views. The pink colour is absolutely vile and with all the lights at night it looks more like the mops in town.
No dogs allowed inside but plenty of space outside.
Pub sometimes has good bands at night Cool As **** were playing when we were there and they were brilliant - like to see them again!

Dudley, United Kingdom
“Absolutely awful. ”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I know someone who was barred from this place for complaining about the managements attitude and poor food and I swore I'd never give the bowgie the pleasure of my business since, however this week friends of ours who havent been before asked us to accompany them for drinks. Reluctantly I agreed and off we went.
We only ordered drinks so I cant comment on the quality of the food but from the ammount they are charging nowadays and by the looks on other diners faces we made the right decision.
Other poor reviews confirm my suspicions that the same management is in place as the last time I was here.

Newquay, United Kingdom
“Good grub, lovely staff, chilled atmos”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

the bowgie is what it is, a busy, vibrant pub, stunning views with great pub grub. The staff all very helpful and friendly, very busy and does attract northern tourists and by the looks of the recent comments-those emmetts who do not have a lot of patience or imagination of words (iceland). As a local- possibly avoid these busy holidays when the hoards come out to eat n drink. Pick your times wisely and you will have a very pleasant time.

• Visited April 2014
“Fab views but Terrible Food!! What changed???”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited here a few years ago and the food was lovely and had looked forward to returning. When we arrived on holiday, We talked our friends into coming for a meal here and explained It is over £10 a meal but is worth every penny as it's homemade etc. The food came super quick and tasted like it had all just been fetched from Iceland and microwaved. I'm not sure when or why it changed but please do not waste your time or money going there . What a huge dissapointment . Not sure if it has been taken over since my last visit, but it's one rude lady who is the manager now and is in need of some serious Customer Service skills along with lessons in how to employ good chefs!!!! Come on, you can do better than this .. It could be an amazing pub where it is situated!!!

• Visited April 2014
“Disgusting both food and staff attitude!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited this pub if u want to call it that whilst on holiday in Cornwall. My advice is NEVER go to this pub for food or service!!
Menu states 'home made' I think they need to understand the difference between home made and cooking food from frozen!! I could of gone to Iceland and had a microwave meal for a lot nicer!! Ordered fish considering we were at the seaside I expected nice fresh fish... No I got frozen food that was hard and not edible! Chips were oven cooked too!
Enough about the food... The staff well you would get more sense out of the sheep in the fields nearby! The manger was extremely obnoxious and very rude when we complained! She refused to give us all the money back considering we hadn't eaten more than a few mouthfuls!! 6 meals were ordered and only 2 refunded!!
Bar staff did not understand us ordering a small coke and a large coke! I think this place needs a service re think if they want to stay in business!!
Do not waste your petrol and drive here!!!
Only gave this review 1star and there was no option for no stars!!!