We were somewhat taken in by Trevella's brochure, 'luxurious, spacious caravans', 'large areas around the park are left unkempt to encourage wild flowers, insects and birds', 'free pets corner - rabbits and exotic birds' and so the brochure goes on. The reality is that if you have ever stayed with Eurocamp, Keycamp etc then you can forget any ideas of a nice caravan, let alone a luxurious one, these ones are basic, yes they are spacious, but that's about it. Even the single beds are not the normal length (or width) so my tall kids were sticking out the end of them and did not get a good night's sleep. I can't imagine adults sleeping on them. I'm not sure about multi channel tvs either, there were only afew channels and the tv was a 20" screen. Apart from the lake area there were no 'unkempt' areas that we could spot; certainly the caravans and the tents are pretty much crammed in. Although every day they were mowing and tweaking the park entrance to entice new customers, it was a shame this attention to detail didn't spread to the rest of the site. The pets area was truly abysmal, a couple of poor rabbits with filthy water and old bits of veg thrown into their pen. The exotic bird consisted of an owl, poor thing in a dingy pen, absolutely terrible. The laundry as per the brochure, is available 'at a small charge'. That is £4 for a tiny washing machine, and 20p per 2 minutes for the dryer. The swimming pool is behind high fences and if your kids are under 14 you have to sign something when you arrive to say that you will supervise them at all times. So even if your kids are good swimmers you can't just let them go off and have fun on their own. The brochure says it is a short walk from Crantock beach: it is not.
We paid £1500 for 2 weeks there, worst holiday we have had by a mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trevella Holiday Park offers a range of accommodation including Touring, Camping, Glamping, Caravans and Lodges. The Parks on site facilities include two fully stocked Fishing Lakes, a heated outdoor Swimming Pool including a Childrens Pool, Shop, Cafe, two Childrens Play Areas and Glamping area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Trevella Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trevella Holiday Park Hotel Crantock
- Trevella Holiday Park Crantock, Cornwall