“Good weekend”

Trevella Holiday Park
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here as a family in a "comfort" range caravan. In truth the caravan was a bit jaded but good size and spotlessly clean. Oddly in didn't have any wine glasses - not good for us! - but it was quickly remedied when we asked.

The site is very nice and well maintained with no club house - which is great if you find them horribly naff like we do.

My son paid £6 for WiFi which is provided by an external company but it wasn't very good and kept crashing. WiFi should be free these days but if you are going to pay £6 you expect it to be good.

Site is well placed for Newquay. Crantock beach, which is just a few minutes drive away, is great for surfing.

Overall it was a good weekend and I'd happily return

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Trevella Holiday Park

Reviewed September 23, 2013

we stayed in a luxury caravan during September so it was quiet & peaceful but rather secluded.
the holiday park itself is well maintained & the people on reception were helpful & friendly.
the shop onsite did not have a good range of products & stock levels were very low & the café had a very basic menu
buses run one every hour so a car would be ideal

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank adam k
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very nice site as usual - well kept grounds. Nice clean toilet blocks. Staff were friendly and helpful as ever.
The café does excellent and good value food.
The only bad point is that on the 2nd night the showers were stone cold. I think there was problem with the hot water and the next day it was fixed.

If you are camping in a tent without electricity etc then the site offers excellent facilities. It is nice and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I took a chance on the English weather last year and dragged my caravan to Travella from the north west. We had such a great time we booked for this year almost as soon as we got home. I can safely say we will doing the same this year. The site is beautifully maintained and the comments about the toilet blocks are highly exaggerated. The only "dirt" I saw in them was grass cuttings......not exactly the end of the world given your camping...on a field.....in summer!!! Staff were on hand regularly keeping the place clean but, inevitebly, grass will get everywhere.
The cafe was a disappointment this year to be honest, it looked like only one staff member was preparing food and during a busy spell she struggled to cope, and we only wanted a couple of sausage butties to take away. None the less, we love this site and my boy (age 12) is out from morning till night. Incidentally he comes in at 10pm every night when the staff go around and ask ALL kids to return to their vans or tents, which he's happy to do as he's wiped out after a full days activity.
No matter where you stay you will always find a minority of selfish morons Internet on ruining things for the rest of us, I'm happy to say we haven't seen much of them at Travella and have no complaints what so ever about late night noise or unruly guests.
So now I've said my piece I'm off to book for the same 2 weeks next August and hope we have the same stunning weather

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Fantastic site, fantastic location, fantastic staff !! Especilly Thelma who replaced our faulty gas bottle and we hadn't even bought it from them !! , no trouble going the extra mile, staff always pleasant and helpful, even when busy, nothing too much. Entrance to the park absolutely beautiful. just over 2 miles to Newquay the furthest distance we travelled in the whole 12 days was 10 miles, we didn't need to go any further. Definitley coming back!!.

Room Tip: We stayed on a premier plus pitch, flat and dry and sky sports!!
Reviewed September 10, 2013

It pains me to say it, but after 35 years of visiting Trevella, my most recent stay may well be my last. Let me explain why.

The recent upgrades to the Ready Tents (which we have used since they were first introduced) are mostly positive - the new kitchen, for example is great - however the beds are horrific. We eventually bought an airbed to put on top of the 'wooden frame' after several sleepless nights. Bring back the airbeds - they might not fit the glamping image you seem to be trying to promote, but at least you can walk after sleeping on them! Similarly, their recent move to the back field (i.e. by the hedge, next to the road) is neither peaceful nor secluded, as I was advised on the phone when we booked (we were given the impression they had moved near to the Safari tents). The fact that they are on the same road which leads to the make-shift dog walking field isn't much fun either, although this is mostly down to the owners who can't be bothered to clean up after their dogs and not the mutts.

The ready tents also appear to be attracting, more and more often, the kind of crowd that don't really 'get' the unwritten rules of camping. Hence, yet again we suffered noise very late on the site. If you can't hear your own TV because of the neighbour's set at 11.30pm, you know it's too loud. We suffered ridiculous noise on this site last year (which we eventually dealt with ourselves, to a barrage of abuse), so on checking in we asked for the number of the night guard, only to be told we had to walk up to the office after-hours to find him or his phone number, which would be posted on the door. Having spent 2 weeks here and only seeing him once (sat in his car near reception), I'm pretty certain that this system isn't working. Why isn't he walking about, dealing with the noise?

Quite noticeably, in Trevella's list of rules, the point about quiet after 10.30pm (which has been there years!) has disappeared - is this because Trevella are so desperate to get people through the door they are willing to accept any kind of behaviour? It seems so. I enquired last year about pitching a pup tent next to the ready tents and was told no - that rule seems to have been relaxed this year, and so we were subject to a crowd of teenagers sat outside this tent until silly o'clock making a racket. I soon realised that the 'friendly family' atmosphere that I have associated with Trevella for so long had started to disappear when a late night walk to he toilet block (which was the dirtiest I had known it for many years) was accompanied by music and disco lights coming from the camping field. How people with young children put up with that is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong, many of the positives of Trevella are still there. It's in a great location, the pool is clean, the pitches are of a decent size and mostly the caravans are value for money (yes, I've camped, ready-tented and caravanned here!). I'm sure out of season it's as peaceful as I remember it, but I can honestly say I never felt relaxed here this year. Following this holiday, we spent a week on another local site that enforce the rule of quiet after 10.30pm and isn't afraid to make it clear that they do so - what a difference!

I'll miss you, Trevella, but you let me down this year.

2  Thank 1Dawnie
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our first visit to Trevella but we gave been visiting Crantock for many years. The caravan was great, clean and comfortable and the grounds were very well maintained. We tried the fishing lake and hired the rods from a very knowledgeable and helpful staff ranger, and were very impressed. The disappointment was the food served in the breakfast cafe which was not particularly of a high standard and while she was pleasant the staff member seemed overworked and a bit fed up. All in all the experience was positive and we will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crantock
Hotel Sunnyside Newquay
Longbeach Hotel
Longbeach Hotel
#22 of 78 in Newquay
St. Christopher's Inn Newquay

Been to Trevella Holiday Park? Share your experiences!