“Beautiful setting”

Juliots Well Holiday Park
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We recenty stayed at the Juliots Well Holiday Park for two weeks in Rose Cottage. We love this part of Cornwall and have stayed at other sites in the area. The caravans at Juliots Well are rather old but their lodges and cottages are much more recent and we decided to try one of these.
The cottage was very well equipped and clean although the settee and easy chairs were a little well used and not as comfortable as they could be and the washer/dryer was a bit on the temperamental side. However this is down to lots of use and it was the end of the season.
The staff in reception were friendly and helpful. The pool was closed as it was September but we had expected this.
The view from the Park of the surrounding coutryside is lovely - this is best seen from the car park and the childrens play area behind the Coach House bar and restaurant. The upstairs back window of our cottage overlooked the local bowls club and again had a view of the countryside beyond this.
We did not use the restaurant as I cooked each evening and we ate our lunch wherever we were out for the day. However we had the Sunday lunch recommended to us by local people as being very good value.
I was most impressed that the rubbish bins (in the enclosed back yards of the cottages) were emptied every day. The Park appeared to be well cared for generally although there is an unkempt area at the bottom of the park but before the lakes - this was designated a 'dog walking area' and looked as though it was awaiting development (maybe more lodges).
The lake looked quite nice and there were obviously lots of trout but neither myself or my husband are anglers so we didn't use this facility.
The Park is very well situated if you want to visit Boscastle, Tintagel, Bodmin Moor, Polzeath etc. and we will definitely be booking again.

Room Tip: Choose one of the cottages or lodges as the caravans are a little old.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Juliots Well Holiday Park

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I am 67 years old and have been caravanning all my life, so I am not a newbie with no idea of what caravanning is all about.

I stayed at Juliots well for one week in September 2011and I can honestly say it was the worst holiday I have ever had, I have only just recovered from the experience.

The van was situated next to dustbins and the car park, so no peace at all, that would have been bearable had the van had even the slightest amount of comfort inside, sadly it didn't. The seats where rock hard . When I complained within an hour of my arrival, which is the corrrect thing to do, it is no good complaining when you are back home, I was told no other vans where available and I was given king sized duvets to put on the seats to make them more soft, it didnt work !!!!

dreadful place, I would never go there again, being a pensioner I wasted a lot of money , £240 for a week of misery, thanks a lot julliots well, you wont be seeing me nor taking my money ever again,

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank David J
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We have just returned from the worst holiday of our lives. Unfortunately we booked Juliots Well without reading any reviews - big mistake!! If we holiday in UK we usually stay in static caravans and have always been happy with the accommodation...unfortunately the one we got here was disgusting. It was so old that the seating had been replaced with sponge! It was so uncomfortable, my husband and I just couldn't sit anywhere in the evenings. To be honest I really wanted to leave after 2 days and was so relieved when my husband suggested we leave early, I couldn't get away quickly enough. These caravans should be scrapped it isn't fair to take money from holidaymakers for this rubbish. The park itself is quite nice but accommodation really needs updating.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Softmint61
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My partner and I stayed here in March 2010 and had a lovely time. The staff were accommodating;the caravan was clean and well-equipped and the surroundings were beautiful.
We also greatly enjoyed visiting the onsite wellhead : )

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were extremely disappointed with our stay at Juliots Well holiday park. We were allocated a 3 bedroom caravan for 4 adults and one child. The caravan was very tired looking from the outside and the inside was even worse, very dated and it had a terrible stale/musty odour which actually made us feel sick. The beds were so small the double was more like a large single at 5ft 6ins my feet hung over the edge and the single beds were not appropriate for adult usage very narrow and again short in length. All adults failed to get any sleep due to the discomfort and smell, this ruined activities planned for the following day. We requested an upgrade and were offered a Maple style caravan which was nicer overall but the single beds were still very small, this caravan was at least odour free. We were not offered any other type of accomodation apart from the Maple Caravan, the reception staff appeared disinterested in our concerns and were not forthcoming in trying to assist us with making our stay pleasant. I shall never stay there again and would not recommend staying at this caravan park.

Room Tip: Choose to stay in a lodge if you would like a decent break
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We arrived at the park tired, cold and wet and were very relieved when we were able to access our Jasmine lodge. We were very impressed as the lodge itself was a lot bigger than we expected. It was also immaculately clean and had all the usual things you would expect in self catering accommodation (fridge with freezer compartment, gas hob, electric oven, tv/dvd combi, etc). Following a busy day out at the beach with two young children, it was always great to return to this accommodation in the evening to relax with that all important beer and whisky! Due to being out most of the day we did not really encounter the other facilities that the park has to offer, however, they seemed popular enough. It is a perfect base for exploring the beautiful North Cornwall coast and this park is where we would choose to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed in a Yew Cottage which was great. Really clean and had everything you would need for a comfortable stay. We were not sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews on this park but we were really surprised on how nice it was and the staff were friendly and helpful. The bar was nice and reasonably priced although we did not eat in the restaurant. The outside pool was good, the kids loved it and it was well heated. On several occasions we had the pool to ourselves which was a real luxury. To sum up we had a lovely break and would definately return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camelford
Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club
#9 of 14 in Camelford
Pendragon Country House
Pendragon Country House
#1 of 14 in Camelford

Been to Juliots Well Holiday Park? Share your experiences!