“Food good, service could be better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trevithick Inn

Trevithick Inn
Ranked #15 of 53 Restaurants in Camborne
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Food good, service could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We ate dinner and breakfast here while staying at the Premier Inn, which is on the same site. A little worried by the many poor reviews, but in fact we were pleasantly surprised. For dinner I had the breaded garlic mushrooms to start, and my husband had calamari, both were very tasty. For the main course I had rump steak, asked for medium and it was much too rare but it was taken away with profuse apologies and when it came back, very quickly, it was just right. My husband had baked cod on a bed of tomatoes and capers, which was fine but it didn't really look much like the illustration on the menu, where it had a lot more tomatoes. We didn't have a dessert as there were no 'healthy' or light options on the dessert menu - hugely calorific puddings, sundaes, trifle, chocolate cake etc and everything came with cream, or ice cream. Would have liked to see a fresh fruit salad, or a sorbet.

I would have given 4 stars for food quality, but reduced it to 3 as the service was slow. We were seated immediately but no-one came to ask if we wanted a drink and we waited more than 15 minutes for our order to be taken. We ordered a bottle of wine and I also ordered an aperitif, but again time passed and I had to chase this up. Eventually the drink and the wine arrived together, which wasn't the idea at all. The waitress was apologetic, she told us there was only one person serving in the bar, he was obviously run off his feet and should have had some help. The food service was a bit quicker, there seemed to be enough waiters/waitresses around but some were working a lot harder than others. One in particular seemed to spend most of her time chatting by the bar.

We thought the prices were a little on the high side, as the portions weren't very large.

However, breakfast was excellent, I would give that 5 stars! £8.25 is very good value for a full breakfast and there was a huge amount of food. Didn't need any lunch!

• Visited March 2013

Redruth, United Kingdom
“Never Again!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

very slow service, lack of interest in taking order, food Luke warm, waited long time between courses,we were told of the food that was not available (probably due to the horse meat scare) but having had the roast beef dinner, i think the horse may have been more tender.... food for baby served on adult sized plates which did not fit on high chair table, ice cream & jelly for baby served on a plate and not in bowl, kitchen staff not the brightest stars in the sky...... FEEL ALL STAFF NEED BETTER TRAINING, AND A STRONGER FRONT OF HOUSE PRESENCE

• Visited March 2013
Camborne
“WILL NOT BEING GOING BACK!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My aunt booked a table for my nan's 92nd birthday and it was plain rediculous. We were welcomed to our table and the decor etc is lovely. It took us a while to choose what we wanted and the waitress kept coming back to see if we were ready. At no time did she mention that there weren't any burgers and 3 of us wanted them. The menu is not great, by the way and highly overpriced for what it is! We then had to choose something else quickly whilst the waitress stood there. I went forsteak but if you wanted sauce or onion rings you had to pay extra. Rip off! It wasnt great and portion sizes are small for what you pay and awful quality food! At the bar, we were told they had no ice and they ran out of 5 of the beers on tap forcing me to choose a more expensive bottle of Becks. We bought a bottle of prosecco which came in an ice bucket filled with water and when I poured it out, the water dripped everywhere! I felt sorry for my nan cos it should have been a nice evening but was SO BAD! You may as well go to the Wetherspoons in Camborne or Tyacks Hotel!!

• Visited February 2013
Camborne, United Kingdom
“Never again,don't go there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We are locals and our friends from Reading were staying in the premier Inn for a birthday weekend.As yesterday (sunday) was their last evening we ate at Table table next door. I cannot describe how absolutely awful it was. Very few people there so you would think the service would be swift (not) and most things to be available (not). We had cold,over-cooked starters to share.Long wait......cold,cold,tough chewy,gristly steaks that had a strange odour. Cold,soggy chips and veg..Gelatinous cold sauce that flopped out of the jug.I could go on. I have never eaten such an awful meal in a restaurant.It was embarassing as we wanted to end the birthday weekend off well. Being local we shall spread the word and ensure our many,many friends and family will not have to go through that horrible (and expensive) experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cornwall
“Very good value for money, family friendly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We decided to eat at the Trevitick Inn as we were taking 7 children out for a meal and most pubs/ restaurants aren't really that child friendly, also, we have had enough of going in pretty little pubs that serve mass produced frozen food and charge twice as much as the cheaper chains, because they claim it is home made. We had a voucher for 50% at Table Table, so we felt it was a bargain. The service was slow but the place was full and we were a large party. The place is smart and clean and the staff were very good. Would I eat there again? Yes, you know exactly what you are getting and you pay accordingly.

• Visited January 2013