“Tyacks Hotel is aweome.”
Review of Tyacks Hotel

Tyacks Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Camborne
Reviewed September 3, 2014

The Tyack's Hotel is a beautiful historic place. Situated in mining country & very close to beautiful rugged coast lines & beautiful sandy beaches. You are close to all quaint fishing villages. The rooms in the Tyack's hotel were really nice & well kept. The food was outstanding & the hotel stall were awesome. Great beers too.
The proprietor, Mr. Tommy Adams was a fantastic host & a wonderful man, he made us feel welcome. We are flying back to Cornwall from Canada & we will stay in the Tyack's hotel again.
To anyone thinking of booking some time in Tyack's.....do it, you will love the experience.

Room Tip: Just phone ahead. The reception staff are wonderful & extremely accommodating.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Have stayed at the Tyacks three times this year, always on business. Have a single room which is well priced and clean. Great breakfasts well cooked. Staff helpful. Shortly to book for four more nights.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Another lovely week staying in this very friendly hotel. Unfortunately on the day we arrived my husband was rushed into hospital where he stayed for 3 nights but the staff at Tyacks couldn't have been more helpful and caring. Every time they saw me they enquired how he was doing and when he was finally well enough to come out they were all genuinely pleased to see him. Our rooms were very comfortable and when we had problems with the heating they sorted it out straight away. They even managed to sort us a room for an extra night even though it was the bank holiday weekend. As per usual a very pleasant stay ( apart from the hospital bit) and we are looking forward to coming back soon. Oh yes, the breakfast menu is very good and they will do any combination you ask for. And it is well worth eating.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Its been a couple years now since I last reviewed Tyacks. I've been there a few times over the last two years for breakfast etc. However stayed away from evening meals as I felt they were trying to compete with "cheap food" offered by Weatherspoon. They have recently revamped their menu and my wife had been twice with a friend.

So we went as a family on Monday as it was my sons birthday and we'd already had the big kids party on the weekend. Most of use ordered steaks which were VERY good, some of the best steak especially at the price. The steak came with plenty of onion rings, lovely chips etc. Others in the group enjoyed their food and the whole experience was very pleasant.

At the price this is my new place to go for a lovely steak dinner. I recommend the rib eye - although even the rump was very nice!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stay at Tyacks several times a year whenever we visit Cornwall and are always impressed with the consistent quality of rooms, friendly staff and lovely breakfasts. Our latest stay was for a special family gathering and we were not disappointed. We had a large room with good internet connection and everything was spotless. We know that there are live bands on Friday and Saturday nights, but the music stops at midnight, so it is not a problem for us. You can always ask for a quiet room. We chose breakfasts from the vast menu and were served by the marvellous, smartly-attired, Cornish waitress who has been there forever! One evening 13 of us arrived for a meal (without booking) and, although there was no room for us in the restaurant, the bar was hurriedly rearranged to accommodate us. Thank you to Dave who made this happen. The hotel industry needs more Daves! We'll certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you want an early night.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Booked tyacks as visiting from Devon for a christening. I thought the location was ideal for me being close to the a30. I stayed 3 nights our beds were made each day coffees refilled. Every morning we had free breakfast which you could have from cereals, fruit salad,Juices and cooked breakfasts or anything you could think of awesome hotel and i will be staying in October again as it was so perfect for me

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Well I have read the other reviews and feel a little unfair with my comments but here goes... We stayed in one of the family rooms and whilst it was large it lacked what I would call hotel facilities.
There was no fridge in the room, no iron in the room. The room carpet was badly stained which I have to say on first impressions made the alarm bells go off.

The breakfast was very large and the staff very friendly, we did not eat anything else in the hotel. The car park at times can have no spaces which can be a problem as available parking in the immediate area is an issue.

I paid 495 for three nights and I have to say I was a little disappointed.

As for Camborne - watch out for the tumbleweed down the high street! Although in the Costcutter across the road they had a rogues gallery of people who are prohibited to buy alcohol in town - its a place full of artists.

Great location for the Cornish coast though when accommodation is at a premium - hence the price!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank valiantlad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camborne
0 mi away
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay
Penmere Manor Hotel
Penmere Manor Hotel
#16 of 24 in Falmouth

Been to Tyacks Hotel? Share your experiences!