TripAdvisor
Camborne
Post
Inbox
Search

“Speak as you find and so recommended”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Costa Coffee, Camborne
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Camborne
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My review refers to the Costa Coffee at Pool, between Camborne and Redruth, NOT the Costa in Trelowarren St. Camborne, as I cannot find the former listed on Trip Advisor!

21/09/2019 after hearing some poor comments about the Pool establishment I have been putting off visiting the premise. However, lately I've heard good things from my family and so put the earlier less favourable comments down to teething troubles.

On this day I visited with our youngest daughter and have to speak as I find which is that we had a very pleasant time there. The staff were warm and friendly, the coffee (cappacino for me and latte for daughter) were comfortably hot and the usual great Costa taste. Also, there was some sliced up 'muffin' at the till and I duly ate two pieces which were very strong coffee tasting, soft in texture, very sweet and thoroughly enjoyed by me :)

So would I recommend - YES, however, as I always write here, my comments are personal finding on the day so readers must make up their own minds.

I did think it looked bigger from the roadside but its smaller than I imagined.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been here half a dozen times, every single time I have been waiting in a near-empty shop for staff to finish conversations or cleaning something (always stuff that can wait until the only customers left have been served). And TWICE I have been served a latte with no coffee! Just milk and syrup!? It is beyond belief how inefficiency this place is managed and ran, especially in regards to the customer.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed June 14, 2019

Popped in here as it was convenient, midway along Trelowarren Street, and we knew what to expect from a Costa. Service etc was OK.

It is however a real shame that the cafe is housed in what was once a wonderful old granite-built chapel, but the inside has been so altered that once you walk through the doors you could be anywhere. A great opportunity missed.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 10, 2019

Located on the main street in a beautiful old building. All the usual menu and service you would expect from a Costa.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

We used the drive thru and ordered 4 drinks. When we got to the payment window we were told that he had forgotten to log our order and to park in the waiting bays
Other cars came out with their drinks but still we waited eventually someone came to tell us they had no lemonade for one of the drinks. No other appology when I questioned why ours was taking so long
Eventually drinks arrived cold strawberry tea was served piping hot and again no sorry for they service
Costa is not the cheapest and should therefore provide a much better customer experience than this it was as if we have your money so tough luck.

Tony.Shelley.Sky & Tom