“Absolutely wonderful”
Review of UpDown Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callington
UpDown Cottage
Ranked #3 of 11 Callington B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We couldn't recommend UpDown Cottage highly enough. Caroline and Peter were fantastic hosts, we were made to feel so welcome from the minute we arrived. The cottage itself is delightful, beautifully decorated with a very crisp & modern yet classic cottage look- lots of wooden beams etc. It was just lovely, everything about it- the rooms were excellent, we were treated fabulously- and the food was to die for! You simply must try their speciality cream tea!! I will definitely be coming back here with my girlfriend for a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Following a recent car accident in Cornwall, my husband and I were left stranded at Callington. Following serveral phone calls from the recovery vehicle company, Updown were able to accommodate us. It was now dark when we arrived and were greeted by the lovely Caroline in the lane with a flash torch. She walked us down to the cottage and introduced us to her husband Pete. What a warm welcome awaited us! Hot drinks, biscuits , soup and freshly toasted bread. and the very kind offer of the use of their telephone to make any necessary calls, together with the use of their internet if required.The room we had was superb, spotlessly clean, and extremely well appointed - we even enjoyed homemade chocolates which were left on our neatly turned back bed when we retired for the night. Breakfast was fantastic and served in the lovely open plan dining/lounge/kitchen area of cottage, where you could share in friendly conversation with the hosts whilst the food was being prepared. Our stay was first class and the hospitality did not end there, as Caroline very kindly drove us back to the recovery vehicle centre for our return trip home. 10 out of 10 for us and a huge big thankyou for our wonderful hosts. This is definitely one not to to missed!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Fabulous cottage, stunning breakfasts and great hosts in Peter and Caroline. We were looked after exceptionally well and really appreciated the cream tea on arrival after a long tiring but great ride down to Cornwall. Beautifully well appointed rooms. M & J

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Me and my boyriend stayed 10 days in August 2012 in this lovely cottage, quiet location and perfect to travel from north to south Corwall.
As soon as we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Caroline and Peter (the owners) that are really a lovely couple. We stayed in room no. 2 that was big, confortable and extreamly clean and the bathroom also. We had a wonderful time here, the Breakfast was absolutely very satisfying and over any expectacion, with many different choices on the menu and all yummy! Professionality in everything Caroline and Peter do, its there job and they do it superbly! I really advise you to go and stay there! I travelled a lot in my life and never found such nice BB!! Will go there again next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are really good!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We (my wife and I) stayed here for 4 nights this August. We were welcomed by Caroline and Peter with cream tea and we loved the cosiness of the cottage and the hospitality of the owners. Our room (room 3) was quite spacious and had a small sitting area and the room was practical, nice and large (enough). Breakfast was a feast every morning! Also the other guests were very friendly and we had a lot of laughs with them. I hope Keith will still remember some of the jokes, because his age is playing him parts. ;-) We could advise UpDown Cottage to everyone!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mikey038
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our first time with Caroline & Peter and how I wish we'd found them before! Our two nights were just lovely, as were our hosts, and I can't wait to spend more time there in the future. They manage to turn breakfast (not normally the most exciting meal of the day) into a gastronomic experience that is not to be missed! The Brulee Porridge is to die for and the calm, elegant ambience of the house makes one feel at home as soon as you step over the threshold. With a comfy, cosy bed and a shiny, spotlessly clean bathroom - I wouldn't leave my own home for anything less! Definitely the best B & B in the West!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise D
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Felt at home as soon as i arrived, real cosy feel to the cottage. Lovely hosts nothing was too much for them! I was given a whole list of options for breakfast, which was delicious! A lovely quiet location and really comfy bedroom.
I am now trying to think of excuses to visit the area simply to stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo