“Such a good place to stay”

Lower House Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callington
Lower House Guest House
Ranked #2 of 11 Callington B&B and Inns
UK
“Such a good place to stay”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Whilst cycling from John O Groats to Lands End I was suffering with a chest infection tonsillitis and a high temp. A friend from work got on the web and found this oasis. The welcome was outstanding and Opus 3b (our room) was perfect for my son and I.A staggeringly good nights sleep followed in an immaculately clean room. The breakfast the following morning ensured we were fuel we sufficiently to make it to Lands Ends that night. An outstanding welcome for two individuals who to be frank were smelling very bad and an excellent send off. I intend to return, this time without the bikes or the odour! Thank you both.
Bob & Tom Gregory

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2010

The best B&B I have stayed in. We arrived late on Monday night and were made to feel very welcome. I stayed in Opus 3b. The bed was very comfortable, the view of the garden was a treat and the shower was good. The information folder had the usual plus some great details of the art work in the room. Breakfast was amazing. Lovely local produce cooked fresh to order and eaten around a big dining table (ask for the white pudding, it was really tasty). Just wish our stay could have been longer, will certainly be returning.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2010

From start to finish a wonderful 6 days tuition which will remain with me forever.
Peter and Tessa “go the extra mile” for their guests. With their intimate local knowledge of the best scenic spots to paint, we went out to the Tamar, Bodmin Moor, the south Cornish coast, and on Dartmoor to a fabulous wood.
The studio has been converted from a coach house to provide a wonderful studio on the upper floor with good natural light. I found it an inspiring space, particularly on the day set aside for figure drawing with two excellent models. An extensive darkroom and other facilities are on the ground floor.
Tessa comes from an artistic family as evidenced by the original art works throughout the beautiful Georgian home, the upper floor being the guest bedrooms. Downstairs was the lounge with an extensive art library.
Peter’s cooking is a gastronomic experience with local ingredients and every care taken to preparation and presentation. I dined with other guests round the large oval table in the front dining room and wasn’t surprised to find many of the guests were returnees…. a good recommendation.
The house is very spacious, and as a student I lunched through in the large kitchen, feeling very much “part of the family”.
Tessa is an inspirational and modest tutor who tailored the week to suit my particular interest in learning watercolour. My every need was catered for by her and her husband. Together they are a great team.
www.callingtonartschool.com

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Lancaster
Reviewed April 29, 2010

A wonderful stay with Peter and Tessa who couldn't do enough for their guests. A friendly guest house, rooms were very clean and neatly laid out. Location was superb for my stay. I really enjoyed my stay at this guest house, for the price I was expecting a small B&B but was suprised by the wonderful layout and fantastic homely feel. The included breakfast was first rate and the Dinner (for an extra fee) was gorgous.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Qatar
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Spent 3 days at this beautiful house, the rooms are lovely and the owners are really nice and can not do enough for you. The breakfast was yummie and enormous, they even cooked us a lovely meal in the evening for 7 and took a nice photo for us to take away. Will definitely go back only next time for longer as such a lot to do in the area.
For anyone interested in Art it is a dream, unfortunately non of us have that gift.
Would highly recommend, go relax and visit some lovely places close by.

John & Siobhan
Qatar
Middle East

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
london
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I have never written a review for a place I have stayed in before but just had to for Lower House!
We stayed at Lower House when my husband had an interview. We stayed in the family room 'Untitled" with our baby daughter.
It was just perfect. We arrived very late evening and were welcomed by the friendly owners and taken to a beautiful warm and cozy room, with a cot all set up for the little one. The bed was the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in, if it wasn't for my daughter, im not sure i would have ever got out!
The breakfast was superb! Fresh fruit and homemade bread for me and an amazing full english with local produce for my husband - he was nearly late for his interview he was enjoying it so much!
We will definitely be returning, in fact we are hoping they have a spare room over Easter!
A beautiful, warm, cozy house, that welcomes all! A great place to stay if you are visiting the area and just perfect for Plymouth

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Penzance
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Lower House is in the heart of Callington, itself a fascinating place within easy reach of Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor. Peter and Tessa were very hospitable and couldn't do enough to make our visit enjoyable. If you stay, be sure to let Peter cook an evening meal for you. We were also shown round the art school which is part of this beautiful building - the facilities are wonderful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Callington
St Mellion International Resort
Polhilsa Farm
Polhilsa Farm
#6 of 11 in Callington
Compton Park Caravan & Camping

Been to Lower House Guest House? Share your experiences!