Lower House Guest House
The Horn Of Plenty(Gulworthy)
$249
PremierInn.com
Priceline
  • Pool
Trecarne House(St Cleer)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsart schoolmixed mediab bexcellent artan excellent teacherwonderful foodpainting techniqueswelcoming hostsbusiness triplooking forward to my next visitincluded tripswonderful weekspecial dietary requirementsfeel very welcomebed and breakfastseveral occasionsfriendly atmosphere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Tessa and Peter Sulston have created something extraordinarily special at Callington Art School, Lower House. Tessa is an inspirational and generous art tutor, who transmits her enthusiasm and dedication to her students; for me, my week at Callington was a game-changer. Peter is a superb cook; I very much enjoyed the delicious food, good English dishes sourced from local ingredients. The atmosphere was, as others have suggested, rather like a very good house party. The decor is tasteful, and beds are comfortable, with excellent quality linens. I was particularly impressed by Tessa and Peter's professionalism at a difficult moment: despite experiencing a bereavement, they soldiered on in impeccable fashion, with a smile on their faces.If I could give them ten stars, I would. I'll very definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SusanStreet
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is the second time I have been on a course at Callington and again I had a really lovely time. The course was excellent and Tessa is always aware of the needs of each individual. The food is wonderful and always freshly prepared by Peter. Great time.
Hope to go again next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just returned from my second six-day course at the Callington Art School and already looking forward to another one! Tessa's instruction is kind and tactful but also practical; she brings people on amazingly in just a few days. Whenever weather permitted, we made painting/sketching trips out to the beach, the moor and locations on the Tamar.

Peter's cooking is delicious and he and Tessa are delightful hosts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Tessa and Peter were the perfect hosts who welcomed me into their house like one of the family and not a paying guest! They provided food to die for throughout the day!! I worked in Tessa's studio and out and about. Nothing was too much trouble for either of them. I felt I could make myself a cuppa at any time. A fantastic few days hosted by two lovely people. Definitely a visit to be repeated!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at Lower House, the breakfast's are amazing with so much choice, Peter and Tessa are a lovely couple, nothing was too much trouble, and were so helpful in answering all our questions about the area, and advising us on places to visit. If we are ever in that part of the country again we will definitely book to stay with them, as it was perfect.

Room Tip: Do not think there are any tips as such but I always look at the reviews I think they really help you to make up your mind.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family