“A wonderful weekend!”
Review of The Riverside

The Riverside
Ranked #2 of 16 Boscastle B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed with a group of friends at the end of January. The Riverside is all you could want and more. The service was brilliant and you wanted for nothing. The rooms are comfortable and the food was delicious, especially the breakfasts! All the staff made our stay one to remember. Boscastle is a lovely place to get away from the stresses of everyday life and it is all made so effortless at the Riverside. My only regret is that my stay wasn't for longer...I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank LittleG8

Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights at the end of January 2012. The food was out of this world Our room was bright and clean and overlooking the river running to the harbor. This is the 3rd time we have stayed here and we will stop here again when visiting Cornwall. Andrew, Ross, and Adam are always on hand to help and the Chef cooks a steak just to your liking. We would highly recommend the hotel and the town of Boscastle.

John & Jennie Craze

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

very friendly family service and every bedroom is different, Breakfast is amazing and the food generally excellent, Highly recommended, Boscastle is a nice quiet retreat to get away from it all and a handy base for exploring

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was our first visit to The Riverside in Boscastle. We found the standard of our room outstanding, the food excellent and the service wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble whether supplying fresh milk to our room or going to a local store to buy soya milk.

This hotel puts back my faith in English hotels!

Room Tip: Room 15 had a view of the rrver Valency and the harbour. Excellent. Very atmospheric.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I love this hotel. I have stayed here off and on for many years usually with my wife. On this occasion I stayed on my own as I walked the southwest coastal path. It has a fantastic location near the bridge alongside the river. The place is spotless, the beds comfortable and the value for money unarguable. The staff are attentive without being pushy, the breakfast was very good. The inhouse restaurant is first class though you may need to book. As I say, I love this hotel and will keep going there

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2011

It all started in February with a "brown sugar meringue"! We called in for an afternoon tea and enjoyed the most amazing substitute for the traditional scones. The staff were friendly and the history of the hotel so fascinating - the room were were sitting in had been swept away in 2004 and the hotelier's wife and grandson had been the "stars" of the iconic rescue photo that was published around the world - that we took away a leaflet.

Within a few weeks I had booked Room 2 for the weekend and the restaurant for a big family celebration in November. That has now happened and everything was just perfect. From a delicious dinner for two on Saturday night (the fish stew as a starter could be a meal in itself was absolutely scrumptious, and the shredded duck was superb), to the delightful spacious and warm Room Two with its best view in the village, to the amazing breakfast all served at your table (the real not dyed smoked haddock with perfectly poached eggs is fantastic), to our Sunday lunch for 28 people with not a single person disappointed with any aspect of the food or the service (even down to being served with your vegetables at the first-class carvery), and those who chose it for dessert being "blown away" by - you guessed it - the brown sugar meringue. Peter and Andy and the staff and the chefs and the team were just brilliant. If you go to stay in Boscastle, this hotel is a must, but if you have Room Two, please look after it because we're going to want it again and again. A massive thank you to you all at the Riverside for giving us a simply wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: Room Two has a fabulous view sraight towards the harbour and the sea. The November sun's warmth...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is one of the best small hotels we have stayed in in England and know wonder the breakfasts are award winners and you need to book for an evening meal what great food. The staff are also friendly with out being intrusive. My wife & I will be back as our 6 day stay in this beautiful location must be repeated.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscastle
0 mi away
#7 of 16 in Boscastle
Boscastle House
Boscastle House
#9 of 16 in Boscastle

Been to The Riverside? Share your experiences!