“Charming the real thing!”

The Wellington Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Boscastle
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had the most delightful two nights at this Hotel

The setting is wonderful and the village of Boscatle is superb and beautiful.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable, a very good 3 star standard. Staff are friendly and helpful and the food is delicious! Well presented, well prepared. Breakfast Buffet could do with a bit of an uplift, but the a la carte menu is great.
Loved it, it is a charming place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the turret are incredibly big and have great views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night (6th July). A lovely warm and friendly hotel. Very welcoming. Food excellant - service high calibre. Very dog friendly too and caters very well for dietary needs. HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed in room 9 and only cos I'm a nightman I was up all night hoping to experience someone. I thought I heard a couple of times a weird sound from outside my door like a slight bang but I didn't think anything of it. The only slight thing with my room was it was a tad dusty probs cos no-one much wants to go in there lol.

The staff treated me like a king for a arrived at midnight and was not a problem giving that I phoned when I was like 20 mins away.

The breakfast was second to none, no quarms. After breakfast got back to my room and soon after a while I was on my bed I came over all peculiar like felt a little drained and dizzy then it went away after a little while, very strange. It wasn't cold at all so I doubt this as paranormal imo.

Room Tip: Room no.9, just turn your pillow to the other side of the bed to get any sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Wellington was a welcome site after our walk from Bude along the coastal path. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist and were shown to our rooms. These were cmfortable and clean.
The hotel is full of character and history. The breakfast was generous although hogs pudding was on the menu but not available. (a minor niggle)
I will certainly be coming back in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Popped into the bar for a selection of starters early in the evening and really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and friendly service- wish we'd discovered the Wellington at the start of our break! Wonderful asparagus soup and delicious assortment of breads.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had an evening meal in the bar as the restaurant doesn't open on a Monday. It was relatively quiet but the music being played stopped it from being too quiet. The staff were very enthusiastic when we questioned them about the food and very proud of their micro vegetables (which were delicious).
The John Dory was lovely and the risotto was good (although could have done with a little more seasoning).
Good enough for a return trip before we go home!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Spent a long weekend here with my husband and small dog. Hotel is relaxed and dog friendly, good location for Boscastle.
Lovely room but a little dark due to the type of building, no long mirror in the room and all small mirrors not at a good height for a 6 ft+ man. We ate in the bar and restaurant both are small portions but excellent food. Breakfast is good but not consistent, I had the same every day but some days the bacon was very small rasher and a tea spoon of beans, but very tasty. The pub has a quirky beer garden out the back which is a lovely sun trap in the afternoon but a long walk to the bar. Staff are very friendly and really made a fuss of the dog which we like in a hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscastle
Camelot Castle Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lostwithiel
St. Moritz Hotel
St. Moritz Hotel
#1 of 4 in Wadebridge

Been to The Wellington Hotel? Share your experiences!