My wife and I stayed here in one of the Turret Rooms. The hotel was easy to find, affordable, clean and spacious and the service provided by the staff was very good.
The only things that would make this hotel even better would be;
* Offer of porter service to take luggage to the room (I'm sure this could have been arranged, but it should have been offered at check-in)
* The Waterloo restaurant needs a drastic make-over. The decoration is now dated and their attempt at a 'contemporary feel' to the room has not been done very well. Instead the room comes across as cold and unwelcoming.
* The breakfast choice menu needs to be expanded
Apart from these minor things the hotel is slap bang in the middle of town and provides an excellent base from which to go about your stay. The local tea shops and restaurants ensure you are never hungry !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the harbour in the Cornish fishing village of Boscastle and surrounded by the beautiful North Cornwall coastline, the Wellington Hotel has benn providing a warm welcome to its guests for many years. A Listed 16th Century Coaching Inn, the Hotel has 14 bedrooms, a traditional pub serving Cornish real ales and home cooked food and a fantastic 2 AA rosette restaurant. There are 10 acres of private woodland walks and the Hotel is in an ideal location for walking the Coastal Path and for discovering Cornwall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, HRS, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Wellington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellington Hotel Boscastle
- The Wellington Hotel Boscastle, Cornwall