Only spent one night here while walking the coast path, but we were made to feel really welcome.
This is a quaint, slightly quirky hotel with really friendly, helpful staff. I loved the list in our room of the previous, famous occupants - made me want to stay in some of the other rooms just to see who had gone before!
Our room was very nicely appointed, everything we needed (including a generously sized flat screen TV). Not only was a comfy bed provided for Alfie, our Chocolate Labrador, he also got his own drinking bowl and a doggie treat!
We ate our evening meal in the bar and the food was excellent. Breakfast was top quality. We were a bit pressed for time so I ordered a full English as we sat down - wish I had read the menu first and gone for one of the other scrummy items such as Eggs Benedict, or.. or...
Plenty of free parking at the hotel and a great position. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the harbour in the Cornish fishing village of Boscastle and surrounded by the beautiful North Cornwall coastline, the Wellington Hotel has benn providing a warm welcome to its guests for many years. A Listed 16th Century Coaching Inn, the Hotel has 14 bedrooms, a traditional pub serving Cornish real ales and home cooked food and a fantastic 2 AA rosette restaurant. There are 10 acres of private woodland walks and the Hotel is in an ideal location for walking the Coastal Path and for discovering Cornwall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your The Wellington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellington Hotel Boscastle
- The Wellington Hotel Boscastle, Cornwall